10.40s w/ stock motor, blower, and 20s?

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
My one friend swapped from a 5 sp (this was not a gt500 btw), to a Powerglide, lost 140rwhp, but went from high 10's to high 9s, with just a trans swap. So making the power more useable off the launch, and keeping the motor in the powerband made a difference in his case.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA-PARM86kE&sns=fb

For automatic users, does going auto really make a gt500 run that much faster? This video has some impressive times :eek:
This car has since run 10.29 at 132 and is the fastest stock blower, non nitrous 07-12 GT500 recorded to date. Blower is not ported but car has long tubes, the automatic, and Justin Burcham at JPC did a great job setting up the suspension for drag racing. Jason Miller, the president of MIR drag way owns and races the car. Jason definitely takes advantage of an 80 foot elevation and great DA!

Mainn

Established Member
Our auto sure helps a lot. Shifts are instant and power is continuous. Launches are also a lot softer on the drivetrain, and easier to do as you have the converter's stall to help get you off the line.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Damn...kinda makes me wanna auto swap it. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but what trans is in it?

RI GT500

Established Member
I do like my auto swap, FB 4R75W, I went to the track today, and ran a disappointing 11:20@122. New England Dragway, It made 650/620 at Performance Dyno in NH. With better rear tires it might run a 10:80 ( have M&H 32/40/18's) now.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I do like my auto swap, FB 4R75W, I went to the track today, and ran a disappointing 11:20@122. New England Dragway, It made 650/620 at Performance Dyno in NH. With better rear tires it might run a 10:80 ( have M&H 32/40/18's) now.
What supercharger are you running?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I intend to find out just how fast I can go on the stock blower...well... because I cant afford a better one lol.

My goal is to crack the 10's with an home port (gotta love dremel), upper pulley, intake, TB, VMP elbow, plugs, tune, 100 octane and 15'' Mickeys. By the time Im done, I may find I need to upgrade the driveshaft (safety and strength) and eventually Ill need a new clutch.

I want on that stock eaton list here:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ET-record-for-Stock-Blower-Stock-Motor-Shelby

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Who tuned it? We don't have screen names in our database, so it could be us. If it is, I want to see a datalog

Users who are viewing this thread