1 good cobra outta all built

Justicem

06/26/02 #1018
Established Member
Is mine the only one that hasn't had any problems?edit(i'm being sarcastic for those of you who think I'm serious)
03 black coupe
build 1018
built June 26th 2002
2.93 pully
MAC 95mm air kit
MagnaFlow exhaust
Predator tune (Amazon Racing)the best by the way
Went to the dealer about 2 weeks after I got It (july 02) cause the radiator hose was rubbing a pully or somthing. Thats it

Last edited:

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
Are you serious? You think your car is the only cobra built without problems? lol. I've never had any problems, just laughing at this post.

03cobra76

11 second club
Established Member
no problems here either...built 05 OCT 02, bought 05 NOV 02

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Just had a drip on from the rear diff cover...they snugged it and no more problems. Also had a foglight with condensation inside of it. The dealer replaced both.
Really...it's been trouble-free.
Over 10k miles with no tick, vibe, pull, stall, shimmy, pop-tink or other maladies.
S.

Justicem

06/26/02 #1018
Established Member
Originally posted by Narcosynthesis
Are you serious? You think your car is the only cobra built without problems? lol. I've never had any problems, just laughing at this post.

I'm not saying mine is the only one built without any problems. What i'm saying is, all you read on this forum is people talking about blowing their engines, tannies, ticks, squeaks, squeals, TOB's, half shafts............ ect...............ect.............ect. I'm trying to get a feel for the people out there who hasn't had any problems and try to see why some are having major issues while others have no problems at all. Please read my post again before you find it so funny.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
30,000 miles. no issues. and its in the body shop right now having the flames airbrushed :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had my Cobra for 1 year and a half and never had one major issue. About the only complaint I had was the noisy transmission and drivetrain. Outside of that, I was very impressed with the quality of my Cobra. No squeaks. Paint was EXCELLENT! Great fit and finish! I was impressed overall.

03cobra#116

Established Member
More than 2 years, more than 30000 miles. No problems worth mentioning. I think this car has 200000 miles in it running to redline every other day.

jshen

Established Member
No major issues either

Other than the "tick" issue, it appears to me than most problems come from modding or modding issues. Granted, the shifter stinks and the F-1s weren't the best choice for Ford. I bought this car for what it is...good American muscle..and it fulfills that.

I must admit I am a horsepower junkie..and am thinking of pulley-predator thing..but I may wait to see what next Cobra will be ..

Shanezam203

Established Member
I haven't traded my car in for my Lightning back, so I must say I am happy with my car here too. I've got 2k on it, but still I must say I anticipated the worse (after reading on here about everything...) I wished I never read anything on here, I'd of gotten the car a year ago.
I have a red 10th anniversary, and I love it.

Shane

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
A couple of small issues here like the pop tink in the rear and water in the fog lamps. Nothing a small amount of money could'nt fix. $ for $ you cant beat these cars.. BTW build date is 6/02

Last edited:

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I think these cars need to be drove hard so they don't break.....if you baby them, thats when you have issues!

Users who are viewing this thread