1 BIG catfish

Wintermute

Banned
Good one.

Whale sharks are harmless, divers swim with them all the time. I believe one of the Jackass guys tried to get a hummer from one in JA2. . .

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Haha, I was actually expecting a lifted camaro or something when I clicked on the link.:lol:

That did look like a catfish but by the markings on the body and the curviture you can tell it's whaleshark. Whalesharks mostly eat plankton but if you watched the underwater Planet Earth series they showed one of the few instances where they caught one ambushing and eating tuna as they tried to use it as protection from dolphins. I know there was another video where one of them came up on a diver and tried to suck it in it's mouth, it might have been the jackass guys. I highly doubt one that size would kill a human.

andreas.e

User from Sweden
Established Member
Did some google image search and I would def say that is a whale shark.

whale_shark.jpg

Paulinator

Established Member
yeh def a whale shark. but cat fit do get huge! really huge they never stop growing and can live to be many many years old. there was a story years ago in our new paper of one of the maintenance divers that was checking the dam gate at the belton dam. he claimed the mouth of the catfish was big enough to swallow a truck tire.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
this thread fails, not hard to tell the difference between a catfish and a whaleshark :bored:

-1 for LL :bash:

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
Read people... geezus, it's not a damn catfish, it's a whale shark.

EDIT: and the claim that they found human remains inside is bullshit too. Whale sharks only eat small fish and plankton. They're harmless to humans.

See how terrified this diver looks?
whaleshark_simon.jpg

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
I've always wanted to swim with one. They'll let you hang onto their fins and hitch a ride for as long as you want. Biggest fish in the world is the most harmless fish in the world. Ironic.

Users who are viewing this thread