1/4 mile vid of my ls3 vette

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Still trying to learn how to launch this car. I've had mustangs for ever so it's a new learning curve. Pass before this video the car trapped 127 after a good cool down, but rain approaching I decided to hot lap the car and this was the run. Weak second gear shift was due to clutch pedal not coming all the way back up. Need to slip it a little less next time. Enjoy the video

Little long but also has an in car go pro video

http://youtu.be/oYpXjOP9ai8

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Still trying to learn how to launch this car. I've had mustangs for ever so it's a new learning curve. Pass before this video the car trapped 127 after a good cool down, but rain approaching I decided to hot lap the car and this was the run. Weak second gear shift was due to clutch pedal not coming all the way back up. Need to slip it a little less next time. Enjoy the video

Little long but also has an in car go pro video

http://youtu.be/oYpXjOP9ai8

Did you seriously post that you are "still trying to learn how to launch this car"? You did ****ing awesome man. That car rips. Not a squeak of wheel spin, and she didnt bog. I'd say you are all learned up. You need more paaaaaaaaaaaaa now. Awesome.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Haha thanks. What I should of said is cut a better 60ft I just barely hit a 1.7. The car should be 1.6 and not slip it so hard that's why my 1-2 shift was slow compared to the rest. If I slip the clutch to long it doesn't like to come back up so i still need to find that point.

19935.slow

Established Member
Def room to be off the clutch a little faster, you will get it. Still a good run and a great sounding car.

Snapp

Established Member
Good run and she sounds amazing...but gotta laugh at the shift into 4th.. lol

stroked mach

Established Member
do what most guy i know do and that's to change some of the fluid for the clutch after a run like that it helps with the pedal to come back up when it don't want to , don't ask me why but I have seen a lot of guys do this to help with the problem, they suck it out with what ever u can find like a turkey baster lol

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
do what most guy i know do and that's to change some of the fluid for the clutch after a run like that it helps with the pedal to come back up when it don't want to , don't ask me why but I have seen a lot of guys do this to help with the problem, they suck it out with what ever u can find like a turkey baster lol

Yes I know exactly what you mean. I change my fluid regularly at my house but I don't do it at the track. I usually let the car sit for awhile between each run. But rain was coming and I jumped back in line.

klr16G

Established Member
Nice video ya you need more strip time slow down no one is rushing you take your time little less clutch on launch and your there...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome Vette you have there. And a darned nice run. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread