1/4 Mile times in 03 Gt

Loudace02'L

Established Member
I have ran my car for the first time last friday at cecil county dragway and my best was a 14.0 and that was spinning through first and half of second gear. Once i figure out how to launch on these drag radials what kind of times do you think im lookin at? I ve heard that it should be a mid-low 13 sec car. What do you guys think

thanks

PhatSVT

Established Member
What was your sixty foot and MPH? That would give us a better idea. With your mods you should be mid 13's for sure. Drag radials aren't at their prime until worn down well. Do a good burn out and launch at about 3,500 RPM. You don't have much sidewall flex with 18's so you will suffer. But managing 1.9's should be feasible. Practice, practice, practice...

94cobra

When will it be fast enuf
Established Member
Don't waste your time going to cecil on a friday. Go on saturday test and tune. It cost 35 bucks, but they prep the track for the some serious hook up. I was running 1.91 60 foot with my stock F1's on my 03 cobra, hell i cut a 1.87 with pep futura ultra Z's on my 94 cobra.

Let me know when you want to go, the 94 is almost ready, needs spark plug wires that were ordered 4 weeks ago, that should have been here in 2 days.

E-mail me, PM me

john

xxsuprachargedx

with a C&L cold air filter pleum stedda underdrive pullies and BFG blad drag radals my friend went 13.1 at 101 in 40 degree temps.

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
what!!!!! how are u guys getting these times????:shrug: i have a 03 gt(auto), with a k&n mac o/r h pipe and mact cat back. and i have ran my car about 15 times, the best i hit was a 14.3@96:shrug: i hit 14.4 at least 7 times, so i dont understand, what am i doing wrong? :cuss:

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
I went to the track today with only a x-pipe, flowmasters, and
373 gears I was running 14.0 to 14.3's. I put my buddys nittos
DR's on and it dropped me to 13.7's. So I am a beliver in nittos
now!!

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
Oh you meant a Mustang???

I just ran a 13.9 at nearly 102mph about 2 weeks ago.

Consistent like clockwork.

If I could have nailed the launch 13.7's were there. Damn wrong wheel drive... :burnout:

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
Originally posted by 00StangGT
wow; I'm completely stock and pulled off a 14.1@102mph pass from Norwalk twice......

a stock GT should be hitting low 14's with a decent driver

STILL DONT GET IT i got a 03 gt, and i got h pipe and cat back, i know mine is an auto, but shouldn;t i be running better then 14.4 ???:mj:

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Originally posted by SALEENGTROUSH
STILL DONT GET IT i got a 03 gt, and i got h pipe and cat back, i know mine is an auto, but shouldn;t i be running better then 14.4 ???:mj:

don't underestimate the stock auto... your times really take a hit for it... that's just me:shrug:

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Originally posted by 00StangGT
wow; I'm completely stock and pulled off a 14.1@102mph pass from Norwalk twice......

a stock GT should be hitting low 14's with a decent driver
You must be using a track that goes down hill also!!!:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread