1:18 Sonic Blue vert.....

hogger

SVT-a-holic
Established Member
What do ya think????

8w39

8w3d

8w3l

I haven't put the snake decals on the sides yet.

Hogger

03SvtSonicCobra

I got the Sonic Blues.
Established Member
where did you get that from. That is freaking awesome do they have hardtop version.???

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Looks great!!
I bought a silver vert with plans of painting it. Just haven't had time yet.
Did you completely dissasemble it? How did you get the decals off?

hogger

SVT-a-holic
Established Member
Thanks, Racerat. Yes, I completely disassembled it.This was also the silver vert originally. I sanded the decals off. Actually I sanded the whole car lightly to give the paint some "bite". Unfortunately, I had a tough time re-creating the factory orange peel. ;-)

Hogger

Last edited:

00 Aggie

Its just a slow vert...
Established Member
Where did you get the paint from? Do they have touch up in spray paint?

I want to do the same thing to change my silver one to DSG.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You did a great job! I love it. Ever think about taking custom orders seeing that most of the colors aren't available? :)

Orange Poison

Established Member
Originally posted by sonic77
Very nice! Here's mine in coupe form.

03diecast.gif

That is awesome!

I'm wondering why they didn't make a Sonic Blue model? It seems to be the most popular color.

Would you be willing to take orders?:bowdown:

jguerrero

Established Member
Originally posted by Blue Poison
That is awesome!

I'm wondering why they didn't make a Sonic Blue model? It seems to be the most popular color.

Would you be willing to take orders?:bowdown:

ditto how did you do that, I have been looking forever for a sonic blue cobra coupe model. How hard is it to paint over the paint it somes with.

sonic77

Established Member
I was going to buy one and paint it myself but then I got this one as a gift. The whole thing was disassembled and spray painted. I think the paint was ordered online from one of those places where you can give them a paint code and they custom mix it. I think some of the plastic pieces were taken off and glued back on later while the decals were masked off with tape. Best present I've ever received! Now I just need to wax it.

SDAVIS

Established Member
Funny how things work out, I posted a w.t.b. diecast 03 black conv. in the Market yesterday. I'm ordering mine tomorrow from e-bay (Maisto) Getting the silver and having it painted. Those look too damn good!!! Someone could make some cash if they sold them in every color. I'd be willing to pay $100.00 for one just to avoid the hassle of having it painted.

hogger

SVT-a-holic
Established Member
Racerat, the decals from Monogram's 1:24 scale '99 Cobra coupe seem to work fine for the 1:18 scale.

00 Aggie , I just went to a local automotive paint supply shop and had them mix me a spray bomb. It was about $15.00.

Blue Poison and CobraBob, I would love to make these on the side but somebody has to explain to my wife why the yard work isn't getting done! ;-)

Hogger

Users who are viewing this thread