FOR SALE: 1:18 Acme 1970 Boss 429 Streetfighter & Shelby Collectibles Boss 302

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Anyone hear anything about the White Terminators, or is that a pipe dream?
I heard Maisto was going to make an OW run after the CO cars. Have not heard any more on that.

I have noticed some Grabber Blue 1/18 Terminators on Ebay. However, all of them seem to be coming out of Great Britain.

So, not sure if, when or where the OW will be released.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I heard Maisto was going to make an OW run after the CO cars. Have not heard any more on that.

I have noticed some Grabber Blue 1/18 Terminators on Ebay. However, all of them seem to be coming out of Great Britain.

So, not sure if, when or where the OW will be released.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Thanks for the heads up. I just grabbed one.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
All GMP Fox Body Mustangs follow a trend. Not a possible trend or a probable trend. Every GMP Fox Body 1:18 scale model will always increase in value over time, the same is for other Acme/GMP Mustangs. The Fox Body models increase in value much faster than other models they make.

I had my 1:18 GMP Darkhorse model, a 1985 black LX notch with slicks, cage, harness, N2O, battery in the trunk, weld 5-stars, and many other thing you would expect from a streep/strip or drag model. At the time I put a price of $899.95 OBO. I really liked the model and didn't actually intend on selling it with the absurd I have placed on it. Not even 12 hours later I receive an offer of $849.95. I immediately took a look of the model and as much I loved that particular car, I had to be honest with myself and really that is was just sold molded plastic and metal

So I took the offer and the guy who purchased it from me went on and on about how much he loved the model and thanking me since he as looking for that particular model for a while.

There is a fairly simple formula on GMP Fox Body models and how they increase in value over time, more so than any other model they make. The other model to do this is their Road Runners they make, which also follow this trend, but it cost more to purchase new and they don't exactly follow the same sharp increase in value over time that the Fox Body models do. Anyway you look at it, you have a model with only 500-1000 of that model made. This includes the entire world, so trying to find a rare, older model can be quite hard.

Every Fox model is 1 of only 500-750 usually and they(Acme/GMP) don't make more after their run of that particular model, another reason these models keep climbing in price after initial release. This is the same thing for just about every 1:18 diecast Acme/GMP model, no matter the car, a Fox, a GTO, Chevelle, Darts, GTXs, Darts, GTXs, Tempests, Novas, Camaros, and many more.

Models that pre-sellout or have crazy low production numbers are going to have s very high resale value right off the bat.

For example I have 3 different 1963 421 SD Pontiac Tempests and I own one version that is the full blackout edition and is 1 of only 96 made. It sells for a pretty penny just because there were under 100 of them made in the first place.

You never have to worry about demand, these models always sell out.

Agree with the above. I have an original 1985 GMP Fox CA SSP, brand new in the original box. Box was only opened to make sure vehicle wasn’t damaged when bought new years ago when it was first released. It’s never been out of its box. It’s also the original GMP, not the later now called “Acme” brand.

I have quite a few other 1:18’s as well, all in their boxes. Even have some of the harder to find Jouef Mustangs that are now popping up on eBay.

Best of luck with your 1:18 sale, definitely some nice diecasts!

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Agree with the above. I have an original 1985 GMP Fox CA SSP, brand new in the original box. Box was only opened to make sure vehicle wasn’t damaged when bought new years ago when it was first released. It’s never been out of its box. It’s also the original GMP, not the later now called “Acme” brand.

I have quite a few other 1:18’s as well, all in their boxes. Even have some of the harder to find Jouef Mustangs that are now popping up on eBay.

I have a couple of those Jouef mustangs too. I'd sell mine if I ever got the right offer though.The quality is just not there.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member

The 1985 GMP CA SSP CHP is very sought after since GMP 4 eyes aren't really all over the place since they didn't make a ton of different versions, and they never made a 1986 Mustang. While they did make a 1985 GT, I would love to see an 86 GT since it was the first year for fuel injection, 8.8 rear, true dual exhaust, and the 3rd tail light since 1986 was the first year when the government mandate for all U.S. sold vehicles must have a 3rd tail light.

The 85 CA SSP CHP is one I don't have and want, but they go for quite a bit on eBay and I already have a few cars on pre-order from Acme/GMP. If were willing to sell it, i'd love to buy it, but I don't have much expendable cash at the time since i'm getting my 86 GT tuned since I placed a Holley Terminator X in it. If you are ever interested in a trade for a nice watch, let me know. I also collect watches and have Seikos, Omegas, Rolex's, Mido, vintage Omega Seamaster, vintage Bulova Sea king, Bulova Ambassador, Tudor, Hamilton, and other watches. If you ever want to trade let me know. I'm sure I have something close to the value of that model.

I have a couple of those Jouef mustangs too. I'd sell mine if I ever got the right offer though.The quality is just not there.

The Jouef models don't really go for much, since like you said the quality just isn't there. The only thing they have going for them is the older 90s to early 2000 ones were still made in France until they were acquired by another model company that moved production from France to China. Unfortunately, just about every 1:18 diecast out there is made in China. There is an Italian model company that does make some of their models in Italy, but they used to make every model in Italy, not just select ones. It's one of the few things I hate about collecting models since I absolutely loathe China, not the people, but Winnie the Pooh, a.k.a. Xi Jinpeng and his CCP regime. I did notice on my latest 1:18 model, a 1968 GT500 KR Restomod, that on the bottom it said "Made in Indonesia." It would be great if Acme/GMP started or maybe they already changed where the cars are manufactured to Indonesia instead of China.

KR-1.jpeg

KR-2.jpeg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
The 1985 GMP CA SSP CHP is very sought after since GMP 4 eyes aren't really all over the place since they didn't make a ton of different versions, and they never made a 1986 Mustang. While they did make a 1985 GT, I would love to see an 86 GT since it was the first year for fuel injection, 8.8 rear, true dual exhaust, and the 3rd tail light since 1986 was the first year when the government mandate for all U.S. sold vehicles must have a 3rd tail light.

The 85 CA SSP CHP is one I don't have and want, but they go for quite a bit on eBay and I already have a few cars on pre-order from Acme/GMP. If were willing to sell it, i'd love to buy it, but I don't have much expendable cash at the time since i'm getting my 86 GT tuned since I placed a Holley Terminator X in it. If you are ever interested in a trade for a nice watch, let me know. I also collect watches and have Seikos, Omegas, Rolex's, Mido, vintage Omega Seamaster, vintage Bulova Sea king, Bulova Ambassador, Tudor, Hamilton, and other watches. If you ever want to trade let me know. I'm sure I have something close to the value of that model.
I recently picked up the 1985 GMP CA SSP CHP car. I'm trying to pick up as many Fox Body GMP cars as I can. I have the 1988 SSP TX DPS car and just picked up the 1989 SSP Florida police car.

Damn, this hobby is expensive LMAO... I want to cry, but all I can do is laugh....:ROFLMAO::cry::ROFLMAO::cry:

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I recently picked up the 1985 GMP CA SSP CHP car. I'm trying to pick up as many Fox Body GMP cars as I can. I have the 1988 SSP TX DPS car and just picked up the 1989 SSP Florida police car.

Damn, this hobby is expensive LMAO... I want to cry, but all I can do is laugh....:ROFLMAO::cry::ROFLMAO::cry:
Most definitely is Glenn! I'm sure you're going to pick up the 88' SSP Air Force chase car and the 93' SSP North Carolina HP. I still don't know why the 89' LX Notch Detroit Speed model still doesn't have a prototype display model. That car was first on the GMP section of the site at the very beginning of the year just about. They also have that 91' GT vert in red. Although that is my least favorite combo for a Fox Body, an 87+ GT vert is a Fox I don't have in my collection though.

All the different variations of the 65' Mustang like the Green Hornet and LeMans for example all say mid August shipping date, but i'll believe it when they actually are in-stock/auto-shipped to me off my pre-orders.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

The Jouef models don't really go for much, since like you said the quality just isn't there. The only thing they have going for them is the older 90s to early 2000 ones were still made in France until they were acquired by another model company that moved production from France to China. Unfortunately, just about every 1:18 diecast out there is made in China. There is an Italian model company that does make some of their models in Italy, but they used to make every model in Italy, not just select ones. It's one of the few things I hate about collecting models since I absolutely loathe China, not the people, but Winnie the Pooh, a.k.a. Xi Jinpeng and his CCP regime. I did notice on my latest 1:18 model, a 1968 GT500 KR Restomod, that on the bottom it said "Made in Indonesia." It would be great if Acme/GMP started or maybe they already changed where the cars are manufactured to Indonesia instead of China.

View attachment 1758653
View attachment 1758654

The only reason I bought the Joeuf cars were because they are SN95s. No one else really makes anything that remotely looks correct for the 94-98s. I have the Autoart Super Stallion and Saleen, but there's just not much else.
I wish GMP, or someone similar would start to build some.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
The only reason I bought the Joeuf cars were because they are SN95s. No one else really makes anything that remotely looks correct for the 94-98s. I have the Autoart Super Stallion and Saleen, but there's just not much else.
I wish GMP, or someone similar would start to build some.
Acme or GMP have never made an SN-95, which leads me to believe they don't own the mold to allow them to make one. I'd love to have an SN Cobra R made by Acme/GMP.

I called Acme, and actually know Jeff (co-owner) pretty well now since I always call if I have a question about a model or shipping updates on when models will arrive. He always encouraged me to call since it was an easier way to reach him. Anyways, I asked about a 64 or 65 GTO model by Acme since they have only made 66s, besides the 68+ body style and he told me they don't own the mold and that's the reason they don't make any 64/65 GTOs. I have all the Sun Star limited edition GTOs and they make cars like the 64 Mystery Tornado GTO driven by Arnie Beswick. I also have the Supercar Collectibles 64 Pro-Mod GTO. I used to have 5-6 of them in different versions with the Arnie Beswick 'Tameless Tiger' version in a orange tiger striped look, ultra rare red version that still has the tiger striped look. Perhaps Sun Star has retained the ownership of the 64 and 65 GTO mold, since I also have their 65' Hurst -GeeTO Tiger for the 2005 GTO nationals.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Most definitely is Glenn! I'm sure you're going to pick up the 88' SSP Air Force chase car and the 93' SSP North Carolina HP. I still don't know why the 89' LX Notch Detroit Speed model still doesn't have a prototype display model. That car was first on the GMP section of the site at the very beginning of the year just about. They also have that 91' GT vert in red. Although that is my least favorite combo for a Fox Body, an 87+ GT vert is a Fox I don't have in my collection though.

All the different variations of the 65' Mustang like the Green Hornet and LeMans for example all say mid August shipping date, but i'll believe it when they actually are in-stock/auto-shipped to me off my pre-orders.

Hey Ray. I picked up the 7 UP GMP Mustang. Damn, that one was one of the more expensive cars I got. People go crazy for these on Ebay LOL.
7 up GMP.JPG

The last high dollar car I'm looking for is this white 1989 convertible (I already have the burgundy one). Once I have this one I'll consider my Fox Body collection caught up (Not complete LOL). In the picture the box has a price tag of $149.95. I'm not getting it for that price now LOL.

White GMP.JPG

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Very nice Glenn! The 7UP one looks like it is mint.

I'm about to just buy one of the 90' LX Hatchbacks off eBay since Acme is taking forever. When it does come through, i'll just have two and keep one to sell down the road when the price goes up.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I'm guessing you picked up the Green Hornet and LeMans version of the 65' Mustang Glenn since they are both in stock now at the Acme website.

LOL, you are on it Ray. I sent you a text before I seen your post.

I came home from work and had a box from ACME waiting for me.

This is what was in the box.
20220826_155114 a.jpg

20220826_155129 a.jpg

20220826_155147 a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread