FOR SALE: 1:18 Acme 1970 Boss 429 Streetfighter & Shelby Collectibles Boss 302

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Up for sale I have two 1:18 diecast cars for sale. The first is an Acme 1970 Boss 429 Streetfighter edition in candy apple red. The box is in excellent condition and the car the paint looks beautiful. The only flaw is a small chip in the paint in the upper corner of the right fender. This is how I received the car. I display all my cars driver's side facing me, so it wasn't a huge issue. The rest the car has no issues. The car itself is #494 of 700 made.

The second car I have for sale is a Shelby Collectibles 2013 Boss 302 in School Bus Yellow. The car was displayed in a case, so all the plastic straps were removed, but I did keep them and they are in a plastic bag under the black plastic display inside the box. The only piece I placed on the car was the clear rubber band that holds the hood and doors closed so they don't move during shipping. Also there are no issues with this model either.

I would prefer to sell them as a pair since shipping is rather expensive for one car due to the size of the box I need to use.

Asking $190 shipped for both models.

I accept Google Pay, Apple Pay, Cash App, or Square. I would prefer Square since I can simply send an invoice to your email and you can pay with any credit/debit card of your chose. No fees will be charged to you.

B-1.jpeg

B-2.jpeg

B-4.jpeg

B-3.jpeg

B-5.jpeg

B-6.jpeg

B-7.jpeg

B-8.jpeg

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
$125.00 shipped just for the Acme Boss 429. The Shelby Collectibles Boss 302 can only be purchased as a combo offer with the Boss 429,

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Where did you guys order from? I always thought DD was slow with shipping, maybe I was wrong?

View attachment 1757922
eBay has them. Thinking about buying one, but unfortunately I sold all my foxbody GMP mustangs a few years ago. I think I had 8 or 9 of them.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Where did you guys order from? I always thought DD was slow with shipping, maybe I was wrong?
I ordered mine direct from ACME. I belong to the club "Tom's Garage" and receive a club member discount.

So, waiting is worth it to me. I'm sure I'll receive it in a few weeks.

Even on the ACME website it still lists the car as a "Pre-Order."
1990 GT.JPG

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
eBay has them. Thinking about buying one, but unfortunately I sold all my foxbody GMP mustangs a few years ago. I think I had 8 or 9 of them.

Not sure what you had Brady, but some of those GMP Mustangs are going for big money now.

I'm glad I got in on the ground floor, but I am missing a few of the low production cars. So, I'll have to pay a small fortune to complete my Fox Body collection.

Last edited:

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Yup me and Glenn are members of Tom's Garage, so we get 20% off all orders and get put into a monthly raffle with 2 winners chosen. The club only has about 70 members, so you have pretty good chances of being selected one month for a car that is pre-released.

As from talking to Acme, the West Coast distributors get a small shipment first, then the East Coast is the last to get the major shipment since Acme gets the majority of all the cars. You don't get charged until the model is shipped.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I just looked I to the Toms Garage. Looks like a deal, but why are they charging shipping ($15) to join the club?

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I just looked I to the Toms Garage. Looks like a deal, but why are they charging shipping ($15) to join the club?
They actually send you a "key" with your membership # engraved on it. Once you receive your key you can log into Tom's Garage and get your discounts or do other member things.

The "key" is pretty cool and has some weight to it. So, I think that's what the shipping is for.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure what you had Brady, but some of those GMP Mustangs are going for big money now.

I'm glad I got in on the ground floor, but I am missing a few of the low production cars. So, I'll have to pay a small fortune to complete my Fox Body collection.
Yeah, I paid good money for them and basically broke even when I sold them. I didn't have them for long. But I do miss them.

They would look great in the shop.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
All GMP Fox Body Mustangs follow a trend. Not a possible trend or a probable trend. Every GMP Fox Body 1:18 scale model will always increase in value over time, the same is for other Acme/GMP Mustangs. The Fox Body models increase in value much faster than other models they make.

I had my 1:18 GMP Darkhorse model, a 1985 black LX notch with slicks, cage, harness, N2O, battery in the trunk, weld 5-stars, and many other thing you would expect from a streep/strip or drag model. At the time I put a price of $899.95 OBO. I really liked the model and didn't actually intend on selling it with the absurd I have placed on it. Not even 12 hours later I receive an offer of $849.95. I immediately took a look of the model and as much I loved that particular car, I had to be honest with myself and really that is was just sold molded plastic and metal

So I took the offer and the guy who purchased it from me went on and on about how much he loved the model and thanking me since he as looking for that particular model for a while.

There is a fairly simple formula on GMP Fox Body models and how they increase in value over time, more so than any other model they make. The other model to do this is their Road Runners they make, which also follow this trend, but it cost more to purchase new and they don't exactly follow the same sharp increase in value over time that the Fox Body models do. Anyway you look at it, you have a model with only 500-1000 of that model made. This includes the entire world, so trying to find a rare, older model can be quite hard.

Every Fox model is 1 of only 500-750 usually and they(Acme/GMP) don't make more after their run of that particular model, another reason these models keep climbing in price after initial release. This is the same thing for just about every 1:18 diecast Acme/GMP model, no matter the car, a Fox, a GTO, Chevelle, Darts, GTXs, Darts, GTXs, Tempests, Novas, Camaros, and many more.

Models that pre-sellout or have crazy low production numbers are going to have s very high resale value right off the bat.

For example I have 3 different 1963 421 SD Pontiac Tempests and I own one version that is the full blackout edition and is 1 of only 96 made. It sells for a pretty penny just because there were under 100 of them made in the first place.

You never have to worry about demand, these models always sell out.

Last edited:

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Anyone hear anything about the White Terminators, or is that a pipe dream?

Yes. Maisto was supposedly to release the OW Terminators and with them already releasing the Comp. Orange ones, I didn't doubt they would, but still, I have no idea what happened.

I would say I would do it for people, but I generally am not a fan of just painting models. Most of my custom 1:18 diecast models are from using two Acme/GMP models and making one really nice one. It's pricey, but yields me more in the long run.

I do have a custom 2000 Cobra R i'm working on. The rear wheels actually fit perfect in the fender, this picture doesn't show it exactly. I'm also going to clean up the engine bay, but i'm going to do a custom mod motor, but stick with the 2000 Cobra R manifold. I put a custom race seat with a Simpson harness. This car may take a while to finish since there is a lot of custom things I want done that I can't exactly pull from an existing Acme/GMP model.

CR-1.jpeg

CR-2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread