1,000 hp 426 hellephant

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Can't imagine AJ leaving this thing stock for long.
Pulley + E85 and it should show some really impressive gains.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yea with a few tweaks I bet it cracks 1100 hp easily.
Pretty impressive set-up considering it looks bone stock.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
I'm thinking about having demon performance build me a 426 pump gas stroker for my redeye. Would be around that at the wheels on the mild 93 tune and north of 1100rw on a still mild race tune...

Just have to find some free time to knock off a bank or two.....

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I'm thinking about having demon performance build me a 426 pump gas stroker for my redeye. Would be around that at the wheels on the mild 93 tune and north of 1100rw on a still mild race tune...

Just have to find some free time to knock off a bank or two.....
The Redeye already makes so much torque it’s all but useless on the street on factory rubber. A stroker will only exacerbate that.

I’d do a whipple before a stroker personally, but that said...why? We plan to run 8s with our Redeye with the stock blower, motor, cats, interior etc.

Are you chasing a performance goal or just like the idea of tire roasting torque at any speed?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I’d do a whipple before a stroker personally, but that said...why? We plan to run 8s with our Redeye with the stock blower, motor, cats, interior etc.
What mods, and what gas? That's gonna be a bad bitch!

Sirhc7897

Established Member
The Redeye already makes so much torque it’s all but useless on the street on factory rubber. A stroker will only exacerbate that.

Are you chasing a performance goal or just like the idea of tire roasting torque at any speed?

Well

I wouldn't even waste my time on the factory rubber. I know better. :) At that point it would be purely a toy and proper tires would live on it full time....

cliff notes.....I either got some bad gas or had something very flukey happen as I melted the ground straps on numbers 4, 6 & 8 on a run up to 170 one day (very conservative remote tune with a 10% lower and stock plugs)…..Nobody knows what happened and I've verified with a few different tuners that the tune was good and have since data logged similar runs and can't replicate whatever happened. Thinking maybe bad fuel, fuel pressure hiccup, a WTF.... but honestly just don't know other than it stumbled briefly then ran fine but the next day it had a hard stumble at 2/3 throttle and when I pulled the plugs to check 4,6 & 7 were melted.....Scoped it and see no damage but haven't had time to really check anything else (compression, leak down, etc.)

Can't help but shake the thought that I hurt something though when I did it so at this point I'm just running it until it blows, if it blows.

That said....if I blow it I'm not just going to put another redeye longblock/shortblock in it....If the day comes that I have to pull it I'm putting something truly wicked back in....That's why....no rational reason other than to "upgrade" it if I've bruised it and it blows up....

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Well

I wouldn't even waste my time on the factory rubber. I know better. :) At that point it would be purely a toy and proper tires would live on it full time....

cliff notes.....I either got some bad gas or had something very flukey happen as I melted the ground straps on numbers 4, 6 & 8 on a run up to 170 one day (very conservative remote tune with a 10% lower and stock plugs)…..Nobody knows what happened and I've verified with a few different tuners that the tune was good and have since data logged similar runs and can't replicate whatever happened. Thinking maybe bad fuel, fuel pressure hiccup, a WTF.... but honestly just don't know other than it stumbled briefly then ran fine but the next day it had a hard stumble at 2/3 throttle and when I pulled the plugs to check 4,6 & 7 were melted.....Scoped it and see no damage but haven't had time to really check anything else (compression, leak down, etc.)

Can't help but shake the thought that I hurt something though when I did it so at this point I'm just running it until it blows, if it blows.

That said....if I blow it I'm not just going to put another redeye longblock/shortblock in it....If the day comes that I have to pull it I'm putting something truly wicked back in....That's why....no rational reason other than to "upgrade" it if I've bruised it and it blows up....

That’s like the opposite of cliff notes. Put that story in 2-3 sentences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
What mods, and what gas? That's gonna be a bad bitch!
Its already been 9.29 @ 146 with just a 2.75 upper, E85, Fore system, ID1050X, and a diff brace on Mickey Radials. Full weight, all interior.
It will take some atmospheric conditions, but with plenty of room left just in pulleys alone, not to mention CAI, porting, etc, we'll get there.
The 9.29 (1.29 60') was done on a tune that made 850 rwhp, and that was a shakedown for the 880 rwhp tune. Unfortunately conditions went away fast and we couldn't improve on that time over the winter in our limited testing. It has since made multiple passes in the 9.3X range in the heat, and even improved the 60' to a 1.28 on our last outing. Picked up the front wheel too.

We will be out Thursday testing it, but its time for suspension testing, playing with the shock calibrations, etc...also swapped in some ID1300s.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Its already been 9.29 @ 146 with just a 2.75 upper, E85, Fore system, ID1050X, and a diff brace on Mickey Radials. Full weight, all interior.
It will take some atmospheric conditions, but with plenty of room left just in pulleys alone, not to mention CAI, porting, etc, we'll get there.
The 9.29 (1.29 60') was done on a tune that made 850 rwhp, and that was a shakedown for the 880 rwhp tune. Unfortunately conditions went away fast and we couldn't improve on that time over the winter in our limited testing. It has since made multiple passes in the 9.3X range in the heat, and even improved the 60' to a 1.28 on our last outing. Picked up the front wheel too.

We will be out Thursday testing it, but its time for suspension testing, playing with the shock calibrations, etc...also swapped in some ID1300s.
Damn that beastly!
Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
942RWHP from a 1000HP rating is very good. I think this will be the next big thing from Dodge.

Users who are viewing this thread