09 high amp alternator ?

Zeke0123

Established Member
I can find 07/8 but the 09 is different I'm getting ready to burn up factory alternator #3. I tried the local shop to rebuilt it for more amps but it kept giving me cel and acting ****ed up like it wasn't being properly regulated...any suggestions or someone who has had this experience and found a solution?

Imatk

Established Member
I had the Shelby alternator which is made by PA (didn't know until after I bought it) and it was fine up until I totaled my car heh.

Only thing is the damn extra wire they give you is really short and barely makes it to the fuse box.

Wish they would give you a longer wire.

Fast Ford

Established Member
Nations Starter & Alternator, www.nationsstarteralternator.com. Make sure you talk to Adam, he's the owner and is very familiar with the GT500's. They sell a 250 amp with a decoupler pulley and it does a super job making sure everything is getting the power needed. Making sure your fuel pumps have what they need is crucial for these cars.

oldlugs

Established Member
I can find 07/8 but the 09 is different I'm getting ready to burn up factory alternator #3...

Just wondering why your '09 is going through so many alternators.
Is the car sitting long between drives, making the alternator recharge a nearly dead battery each time you drive..? Lots of big amp stereo stuff installed..? Curious.

kwiksilver

Established Member
You might be over-spinning your alt.
Do a search on BPS in here,and the R&D they did on this topic.
Give Sylvain or Matt a call at billetproshop.com
They make their own alt pulley that corrects higher spinning with upgraded blowers.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Nations Starter & Alternator, www.nationsstarteralternator.com. Make sure you talk to Adam, he's the owner and is very familiar with the GT500's. They sell a 250 amp with a decoupler pulley and it does a super job making sure everything is getting the power needed. Making sure your fuel pumps have what they need is crucial for these cars.

This is the route to go op. I went through 3 OEM alt on my 2008 gt500. I finally had enough an called nations from all the good feedback I read online everywhere for these cars. they make a really nice alt that uses a clutch pulley to keep from over spinning there alts. Also the xp270 can produce up too 200amps at idle. One thing you must do is add addition power cables from the alt to the fuse box an from the the fuse box to the battery. Then you will also need additional grounds one from the battery to the body and another one from the alt case to the body of the car. You will need to use 1 guage wire for this. I had a audio shop make the cables for me after i measured the length i wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread