09 bullitt

cobra1993svt

Established Member
I work at an auction and we had a 09 Bullitt here for sale . The wholesaler just called at said someone stole the spare. I said it doesnt come with one. Who's correct?

o2gt

Established Member
I have an 09 and there is no spare, you are correct. there is an inflation kit. hope that helps.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Stupid question. Why wouldn't the Bullitt come with a spare? I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't. Unless the trunk was modified at the factory where a spare couldn't be installed. :??:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
yea i believe they came with the inflator kit, as do the gt500s. i know the spare is an option on the focus

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Most likely to save weight. :shrug:

I could understand it if the car was a stripped down Ford racer. But saving weight on a Bullitt? Maybe Ford is trying to cut costs and making the customer think they're getting something special. Heck, GM found a way to get Z06 and ZR1 customers to pay them $5800. for the "privilege" of helping the factory team build the motor.

I'd still be curious what the actual reason is. Maybe it IS to save weight. :shrug:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I could understand it if the car was a stripped down Ford racer. But saving weight on a Bullitt? Maybe Ford is trying to cut costs and making the customer think they're getting something special. Heck, GM found a way to get Z06 and ZR1 customers to pay them $5800. for the "privilege" of helping the factory team build the motor.

I'd still be curious what the actual reason is. Maybe it IS to save weight. :shrug:

Yeah Bob i was thinking the same thing.

the only reason i have really seen for it is on newer cars with 19 and 20 wheels that would ride too low and drag a corner if they had a 15 or 16 inch spare on them.

but dont bullitts have 18s?

Hele On

I'll make it fit
Established Member
Simple answer: It's twofold, 1. weight saving + you get the GT500 inflator kit and 2. The 18 inch rim (Unique to the Bullitt=Unique price $$$) has difficulty fitting into the spare wheel well, although some Bullitt owners have forced/massaged their 18 inch spare in.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
But it's only a spare. Ford could just have easily used an 18" plain wheel that would fit in the spare wheel well, or provide a space-saver spare.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, I did a Google search to research this and while I didn't find any official answer, the consensus seems to be that the spare was not included (along with a jack) to save weight. Not a lot of weight, but weight nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread