'08 GT500 vs. Supercharged GTO 6.0

silverls2gto05

Established Member
That doesn't make sense, the whole point of a blower cam is increase the exhaust efficiency and this lowers boost. Boost is just a byproduct of restriction. Is that 545 hp in your sig your crank hp guess because you should be trapping much more with that much power at the wheels.

545 is at tires. yes I should trap higher but i guess the 2.1 60 ft didnt help

Kimcobra

Established Member
545 is at tires. yes I should trap higher but i guess the 2.1 60 ft didnt help

actually with a 2.1 60 your trap speed will be higher, my cobra ran 11.9s with a 2.1 60 on street tires with 475rwhp, you should be running way better then a 11.9 with 545rwhp..and I think he is doubting you beating GT500s all day..But anything is possible..

BayareaSS

Established Member
Good win for the gt500.

GTO is weak. My gto makes more then that all motor... and the gto guy with 545hp should stop posting. Your times aren't good for your power.

silverls2gto05

Established Member
Good win for the gt500.

GTO is weak. My gto makes more then that all motor... and the gto guy with 545hp should stop posting. Your times aren't good for your power.

That time doesnt do my car justice but I aint goin to lie about the times it ran. I also ran those times when it was at 5 psi before I upped the boost. But I am more of a street racer so I never went back to the track. So all i can say is if your in my neck of the woods just let me know we can set something up. But I dont have the blower any more I went with twins. at 7 psi 531 hp.

jlbush

Established Member
I have a GTO that had a maggie and with a blower cam at 8 PSI I put down 540 hp and killed GT500's all day. so I bet for those numbers he was running a lower PSI or he needs someone that can tune his car alot better. But good kill any ways

Yeah 460rwhp for that goat seems pretty low IMO, but I admittedly don't know what to expect with that blower and boost. Buddy of mine has full exhaust, CAI, mild cam and made 430 through an auto :shrug:

Nice Kill! :banana:

BayareaSS

Established Member
That time doesnt do my car justice but I aint goin to lie about the times it ran. I also ran those times when it was at 5 psi before I upped the boost. But I am more of a street racer so I never went back to the track. So all i can say is if your in my neck of the woods just let me know we can set something up. But I dont have the blower any more I went with twins. at 7 psi 531 hp.

I like the street is well and both my cars are regular street cars. Just gotta figure out how to be good at both. You'd have to up the boost quite a bit on those twins to run my camaro :beer:

silverls2gto05

Established Member
I like the street is well and both my cars are regular street cars. Just gotta figure out how to be good at both. You'd have to up the boost quite a bit on those twins to run my camaro :beer:

I am waiting on a piston and rod swap then I will throw about 15 psi at her and see what happens:dancenana::dancenana:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Impulse blue, my favorite gto color. You can get matching leather seats too.

whipplecharged0

Established Member

Street racer, Ha Ha Ha!!!!! When was the last time you raced a car on the street besides that time you lost to me on your old setup? I'm still waiting for my 30 roll against you on your new setup and I will even leave my street tires on for you. But if you wait to long you won't stand a chance against this little cobra from any roll speed:coolman:

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Street racer, Ha Ha Ha!!!!! When was the last time you raced a car on the street besides that time you lost to me on your old setup? I'm still waiting for my 30 roll against you on your new setup and I will even leave my street tires on for you. But if you wait to long you won't stand a chance against this little cobra from any roll speed:coolman:

:kaboom:

blue GTO

That was my GTO...It was a good race...I always wanted to know how the goat would do with a GT500..and I found out..it was all in fun.

Just to set it strait my GTO at that time had..
stock gears
Stock cam
stock heads
maggie 112 with a 2.6 pulley and stock rears= 7.5lbs boost
long tubes with full ehaust
stock fuel pump with maggie boost pump
460rwhp....it was a safe tune..I knew that..

I wanted to still drive it while i had a motor build..

exdeath

Established Member
Must suck to spend 8 grand on a complete blower kit only to run 6 psi and make 460 HP.

Time for rods and pistons now. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread