'08 GT500 vs. Supercharged GTO 6.0

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
On the way to a local car meet with a couple guys from a local group we just met decided to do a friendly highway roll. GT500 (not me) mods are: springs, O/R X-pipe, 4.10 gears, canned tune and Borla axle-back. GTO is supercharged 6.0L running 7.5 lbs. of boost (not sure about other mods) putting down 460 RWHP. The guy with the goat was a really good sport and enjoyed the run as much as the rest of us. He said he always wanted to see how he'd do against a GT500. :beer:

Props to our cameraman for missing the jump for an incriminating shot of the driver :nonono:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6TolZhtPo8"]YouTube - GT500 vs supercharged GTO[/nomedia]

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
good run..not too bad..love the blue on the GTO and thats about it about that car except the seats..lol

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Wow did the GT500 start in 6th? lol

Good kill.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Wow the gt500 started a gear low, isn't pullied, and still won? Nice. I'm assuming the gto has a maggie? I think those kits are 5.5 psi so is the gto running a smaller pulley?

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Wow the gt500 started a gear low, isn't pullied, and still won? Nice. I'm assuming the gto has a maggie? I think those kits are 5.5 psi so is the gto running a smaller pulley?

Yeah I was pretty impressed also. I think the 4.10s made the difference. I don't know what the GTO has on it aside from the blower at 7.5 psi putting down 460RWHP. I'll see if I can get one of them to chime in.

Speedy308

Established Member
Well guys, this was me in the gt500. I started in 3rd because it would have been way too high of an rpm in 2nd. It was a good race for sure.

silverls2gto05

Established Member
Yeah I was pretty impressed also. I think the 4.10s made the difference. I don't know what the GTO has on it aside from the blower at 7.5 psi putting down 460RWHP. I'll see if I can get one of them to chime in.

I have a GTO that had a maggie and with a blower cam at 8 PSI I put down 540 hp and killed GT500's all day. so I bet for those numbers he was running a lower PSI or he needs someone that can tune his car alot better. But good kill any ways

06blackgto

Established Member
Good kill. 460rwhp seems pretty low for a maggied 6.0 I would have for sure thought that the goat would have put down more.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I have a GTO that had a maggie and with a blower cam at 8 PSI I put down 540 hp and killed GT500's all day. so I bet for those numbers he was running a lower PSI or he needs someone that can tune his car alot better. But good kill any ways

Obviously it would be the cam making the big difference for you. And doesn't a blower cam lower the psi level so you making 8 psi with a blower cam would show as 9 or 10 on a stock ls2? So your 8psi isn't comparable to 7.5 in a stock cam car. Correct?... Also what did your car trap in that 11.97 you have in your sig?

Last edited:

silverls2gto05

Established Member
Obviously it would be the cam making the big difference for you. And doesn't a blower cam lower the psi level so you making 8 psi with a blower cam would show as 9 or 10 on a stock ls2? So your 8psi isn't comparable to 7.5 in a stock cam car. Correct?... Also what did your car trap in that 11.97 you have in your sig?

No the cam did not lower my psi. I was running 8 psi before and after the cam. I picked up 40hp from the cam swap. I ran 11.9 blowing the tires off at line with a 2.1 60 ft. My car is an auto and should cut 1.6 if I could of had decent tires and hooked. It trapped 119

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
That doesn't make sense, the whole point of a blower cam is increase the exhaust efficiency and this lowers boost. Boost is just a byproduct of restriction. Is that 545 hp in your sig your crank hp guess because you should be trapping much more with that much power at the wheels.

Last edited:

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
2nd gear should go up to or around 80 in a stock geared GT500. Unless you were rolling over 60 I would have gone in 2nd. Either way good kill, 3rd got it done

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

Sure you did. :sleeping:

2k4Terminator

Established Member
That doesn't make sense, the whole point of a blower cam is increase the exhaust efficiency and this lowers boost. Boost is just a byproduct of restriction. Is that 545 hp in your sig your crank hp guess because you should be trapping much more with that much power at the wheels.

This...

Users who are viewing this thread