08 GT500 vs Coyote

MoneyAMG

Established Member
I'm in a dilemma and really want to get yout guys opinion. I'm 22yrs old with a daily driven honda. Really want to get back into a mustang. There are plenty of modded 11-14 coyotes in my price range. But recently I came across an 08 Shelby fully loaded but has 83k miles... What should I do??

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
If you like to drag race, at a track, get the auto coyote. 83k I'd pass on that GT500, unless it was mega cheap.

nxhappy

Established Member
I agree find a 07-08 with lower mileage. They can be found for $30k. The GT500 has way more potential than the coyote. Displacement is king :beer::pepper:

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
For the same amount of money thrown at a coyote you can get a 1000rwhp shelby. Besides everyone who rolls in a coyote is like meh its another mustang but theres something to see when a shelby rolls in. Its like wine will be served and the velvet rope is opened to a new world not known to coyote members, the following comment is based on an extremely biased person of coarse ,lol

nxhappy

Established Member
For the same amount of money thrown at a coyote you can get a 1000rwhp shelby. Besides everyone who rolls in a coyote is like meh its another mustang but theres something to see when a shelby rolls in. Its like wine will be served and the velvet rope is opened to a new world not known to coyote members, the following comment is based on an extremely biased person of coarse ,lol

hahahaha this is epic ! wine, velvet .....DOVES ! He speaks with truth about the GT500 !

Falcon Fixer

Established Member
I went and got both.
08 Shelby and an 11 GT.
Stock Shelby would crush the modded GT.
GT ride is more comfy, plus has the glass roof.

ETA: GT has headers, full exhaust,intake and tune.No blower, yet.

Last edited:

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
I went and got both.
08 Shelby and an 11 GT.
Stock Shelby would crush the modded GT.
GT ride is more comfy, plus has the glass roof.

GT modded how?

Blown coyote, especially automatic, is a monster on the strip, which is my preference. The other fun and games (attention) Gt500 wins, if you're in to that.

MoneyAMG

Established Member
OMG guys I think I've found it. She's an 07 GT500 for 24 and has 41k miles.!!!!! I think I've found her

MoneyAMG

Established Member
I'll know this weekend I called the number and left a message hopefully I can find out very soon

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
I bought mine for $28,000 with 24,000 miles. I thought it was a good deal.

I don't get the whole prestige thing you guys are talking about. I think most people just go eh it's just a mustang.

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
demotivation-posters-auto-321826.jpeg

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I get all kinds if attention with my Shelby from kids, priests, older guys, everyone loves the Shelby name and product. I would pass on that high mileage one unless they come down substantially so you can freshen up the engine when needed. As far as the 07 you found it would be nice to see a link but I guess your afraid someone here will steal it from you? lol I would definitely check the carfax and have it looked over cause not all accidents are reported.

Users who are viewing this thread