08 gt500, 10k miles, worth? Things to look for?

03 TWIN

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
I've been looking for a 03/04 Cobra to daily drive and ran across an 08 GT500 with 10k miles for $30,000. All I know is that it's black with the dark gray stripe package. I'm waiting till the owner gets back into town to look at it. Is this a good price? What is this thing actually worth right now in this market? Is there tsb's or quirks I need to look for? Thanks for any help...

StangSupremacy

Established Member
I would say that is a good price given current standards, check on autotrader for more deals. When buying a used car, i always get a professional shop to perform a multi-100 point inspection to make sure there arent any problems i didnt pick up on.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Kelly Blue Book Private sale value is $35-36,000 for an 08 w/ 10K miles in Good-Very Good condition.

$30k is a great price given its mechanically sound with no scratches, etc. Ask if the clutch TSB has been done. If not, that's really the only concern.

x2 on trying to find an 03/04. That's what i was trying to do when i ran across my 08. Very satisfied with it. Although, i still feel a bit envious when a clean 03/04 drives by.

Last edited:

03 TWIN

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
Yeah, I was gonna run it by ford and a good paint shop to have it checked out. That's what I did with my current cobra. I just don't know any of the normal concerns about the Shelby. Like I said, I really wasn't looking for this. Lol I wanted a higher mileage terminator to run around in and not worry so much about miles and the idiots that drive around me. What is the deal with the clutch?

fullboogie

Established Member
Look for signs it's been modified. Check the crank dampner and blower pulley to see if they've been changed, or changed back to stock. Check rear suspension for removal/replacement. Check the rear fenderwells for bits of rubber (from doing burnouts at the track). Have Ford make sure the stock tune is in there - I almost bought an '09 that I discovered had been tuned, but the dealer had lost the Xcal3.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Yeah, I was gonna run it by ford and a good paint shop to have it checked out. That's what I did with my current cobra. I just don't know any of the normal concerns about the Shelby. Like I said, I really wasn't looking for this. Lol I wanted a higher mileage terminator to run around in and not worry so much about miles and the idiots that drive around me. What is the deal with the clutch?

A vast majority of the 07-09's had faulty flywheels that heated up and warped when driven in stop in go city type traffic. My clutch only made it 12,000 on my 07 before it went out and I baby my car.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member

Basically what 07_Black said. Mine didn't suffer from the "Fault" though as did many others. It would have to be a daily driver in heavy stop-go traffic to have the issue, or at least that's what the TSB claimed. If the stock clutch is in it, there will be a "hiss" in it that is normal. There have been other TSB's, but i can't recall any other serious ones.

03 TWIN

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
Ok cool, sounds good. I'm going to look at it this evening. I dont expect anything crazy. I live in an area that's not "mod" friendly I guess u could say. If u see an svt of any kind, there's usually not much done to it, except my gm killer. Lol thanks for the replies!

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Get the Vin # and any Ford Dealer can run you an "Oasis" Report which will give you a full Ford History on the car... If the Tsb was done the Oasis will show it and when it was performed.. Auto check or Car Fax too of course. Is the car from a Dealer or individual??

03 TWIN

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
Yeah, I got a buddy at ford to go to. The car is for sale by owner, but not like advertised for sale. That's why I just kinda stumbled across this. Probably very nice ride.

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
Yeah, I got a buddy at ford to go to. The car is for sale by owner, but not like advertised for sale. That's why I just kinda stumbled across this. Probably very nice ride.
This car sounds like it could really be a gem as long as it hasn't been in an accident or really modified. Keep us updated.

03 TWIN

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
Yep, car was bone stock! Well almost besides a manga flow cat back and k and n. Very nice. One little ding on fender about the size of a penny and a one chip on hood. Stripes looked good, not a single bolt wrenched on in the engine bay, nothing scraped or hacked underneath, stock tires, solid black leather, had the mood lights?, no nav though, and the sound system with the sub in the trunk. Very clean. I have to decide between paying cash for another cobra that I'm looking at or financing this. Not sure at the moment. I'll update!

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
Yep, car was bone stock! Well almost besides a manga flow cat back and k and n. Very nice. One little ding on fender about the size of a penny and a one chip on hood. Stripes looked good, not a single bolt wrenched on in the engine bay, nothing scraped or hacked underneath, stock tires, solid black leather, had the mood lights?, no nav though, and the sound system with the sub in the trunk. Very clean. I have to decide between paying cash for another cobra that I'm looking at or financing this. Not sure at the moment. I'll update!
It sounds like like it really is a nice car. I would buy it:). If you don't buy it I am sure somebody on here would want it.

E.Marquez

Established Member
Thats sounding like a good deal.. We found our 2007 about 6 months ago for $29,000. All stock with 12k miles.

Just now putting a clutch in it at 21,000 miles.... no signs of over heating or warp.. just plain worn out.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
for DD duty GT500 all day every day. the clutch alone is 10x easier to deal with and the S197s are just more refined and comfortable.

$30k for what you're saying sounds like a really good deal.

03 TWIN

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
Well, after going back and forth on this, i think I'm gonna pass for now. I've stretched my search even further and now looking for a 10-11 Shelby. If anyone would be interested in the car I mentioned, pm me. I will talk with seller and see if he wants to put the car sale public to the masses. I think it's that clean to offer to my fellow members. Thanks all!

Users who are viewing this thread