08 Balancer

racerage7

Established Member
I know the 08 Shelby balancer is 12lbs lighter then the 07 but is the 08 any larger in diameter on the supercharger pulley?

ff500

Established Member
I don't know but I do know they changed that balancer all the way across the board on all the 5.4's in 08 including all the trucks.

69b302

Established Member
I know the 08 Shelby balancer is 12lbs lighter then the 07 but is the 08 any larger in diameter on the supercharger pulley?

No overdrive on the Ford 08 balancer. There is an aftermarket SFI balancer with a 10% overdrive for the supercharger. Evolution has the SFI balancer on their website.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Yea, I hear that the GT500 harmonic balance weighs twice what my flywheel weighs. Wuddup wit dat?

352Ford

I make my own
Established Member
Yea, I hear that the GT500 harmonic balance weighs twice what my flywheel weighs. Wuddup wit dat?

Dampers can be kind of a pain to get right, the heavier they are the better they dampen (their job) but that’s also more weight out on the snout of the crank.

What is the balance of these engines, that is usually a bigger deal than damper weight…

Waxbean

2007 Shelby GT 500
Established Member
Ford changing them out across the board begs the concern for what caused them to change them....

chuckstang

Established Member
Um ya, exactly, I am going to look into having Ford do the mod and maintain my warranty, but not sure if you can do that. The sad thing is, over time even on stock boost, who knows how much strain this will cause, but no recall or anything over it so who knows

Users who are viewing this thread