07 gt500 need advice looking to buy

charged87

Established Member
Haven't seen it in person but looks clean and stock besides wheels and MBRP mufflers. He was asking 32000 but will take 30500. I'm not crazy about the wheels he said they are shelby rims. It has just over 11k for mileage. I've been looking for a while now and 30k is the most I can spend right now. Just asking to see if it's a good deal and what these 07's are going for and is the clutch the only problem with these early gt500's
thanks for the help.

Screenshot_2013-11-01-06-22-16_zpsdecfb94d.png
[/IMG]
Screenshot_2013-11-01-06-20-55_zpseaa3b1f2.png
[/IMG]
Screenshot_2013-11-01-06-21-36_zpse83035fb.png
[/IMG]
Screenshot_2013-11-01-06-22-38_zps7ff766e0.png
[/IMG]

sedanman

Established Member
Price seems in line with the market, the 07 had a heavy balancer (lower pulley) that for the sake of performance should be replaced with a 08+

Otherwise they are all the same 07-09

Venom07

Established Member
Thats good consider the interior and low miles. I bought mine for 28k but does not have stripes nor the red/blk seats and was completely stock.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Clutch and lower pulley, other than that they're great cars. I've had mine for 3 years and absolutely love it , and the car still turns heads even being almost 7 years old.

charged87

Established Member
Ok I've heard some talk about the balancers need to be replaced on these, is the red interior a rare factory option? Thanks for the info guys.

charged87

Established Member
I did not know the red interior was available on that color combo. Clutch and lower pulley if not done already.

I can't find anywhere online that it came with red interior with that color combo? I'm not sure if the tsb was done on the clutch but if it wasn't will the dealer still do it even though it has passed it's warranty? I heard they only did the tsb if it had a problem with the clutch?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
its a good price.
not everyone with an 07 has had to replace their clutch. and depending on if you want to boost the power on the car (as most people do lol) you dont have to swap out the lower pulley, its just a common mod. unless youre going to do the work yourself, do it at the same time you do your pulley swap so you're not paying someone to go in there twice.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I can't find anywhere online that it came with red interior with that color combo? I'm not sure if the tsb was done on the clutch but if it wasn't will the dealer still do it even though it has passed it's warranty? I heard they only did the tsb if it had a problem with the clutch?

I have the same color combo w/ the red interior, the red interior was an upgraded option.

yellowgt5

Established Member
Good Price with the mileage. Bought my 07 in the same exterior color combo two weeks ago. Tons of looks for a seven year old car!!!

charged87

Established Member
Thanks again. .. might take a road trip to look at it. It's about 3 hours from me. anyone know anything about the wheels? I never seen them before.

Bravo gt 500

TVS POWERED
Established Member
Those wheels might be the Shelby razors 20 inch. Dealer will diagnose the clutch & check if it needs the tsb. My dealer is svt certified lol. They did my clutch with around 2000 miles & said they replaced the whole transmission but they replaced with same old parts. So around 8000 the car wouldn't go in any gear so I had to tow it. Mechanic didn't know they had a tsb clutch until I told him.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I can't find anywhere online that it came with red interior with that color combo?

It is the Crimson Leather interior option, it was available for 2007-2009 GT500, it was available for the Torch Red, Black and Silver cars, probably White also. It was not an extra charge/cost option, just an optional interior for a buyer to choose. Charcoal/Black was the only other GT500 interior offered during those years. The Crimson interior also got the Crimson door panel inserts.

This option gives a little more "pop" to the interior.

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread