07 Cobra Set In Stone

DET_SVT02

Established Member
many of you will say I have no cred I only have 1 post but i use to be on here as DET_SVT02 with plenty of post. Also I know this should be under 07 cobra forum but I wanted it to be seen by all so Mods please dont move. I Got ahold of the new Motor trend and it has a 2 page article and pic heres a quote:

"Looks to be the new Cobra or now known as the 2007 Shelby Cobra which will replace the old name Mustang SVT Cobra.

Claim it will produce 550hp and the 0-60mph time could dip below 4.0 seconds with a standing quarter mile in the low 12's or even high 11's and will have the GT's supercharged aluminum 5.4-liter V-8 and a stiffened, toughened version on the GT's live axle with coil springs and an anti roll bar. it also will not weigh that much more then the Mustang GT which weighs in at 3520.

They are saying by getting rid of the IRS and putting in the solid axle they will be saving $70 million in development cost.

Last edited by a moderator:

xason

10 seconds isn't cheap
Established Member
So it'll be Shelby Cobra no SVT cobra? Also the Ford GT's s/c 550bhp? Damn. Right there the price will be $50k has to be.... if it's $35k-40k I'll be shocked.

Nobody gives a shit until March 31st.

Since you are new to the forum you get a mulligan, but we have all had our fill of next gen Cobra speculation. Everyone has an inside, credible source and everyone says something different.

CobraZb

Blown Cobra *****
Established Member
Do you guys ever wonder if those engineers working on that car come on this website and laugh at all this stupid stuff we say we know.

DET_SVT02

Established Member
:idea:
Euphoric One said:
Nobody gives a shit until March 31st.

Since you are new to the forum you get a mulligan, but we have all had our fill of next gen Cobra speculation. Everyone has an inside, credible source and everyone says something different.

no need for a Mulligan if u read what I said im not a new member just got a new name so thanx anyways

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
DET_SVT05 said:
many of you will say I have no cred I only have 1 post but i use to be on here as DET_SVT02 with plenty of post. Also I know this should be under 07 cobra forum but I wanted it to be seen by all so Mods please dont move. I Got ahold of the new Motor trend and it has a 2 page article and pic heres a quote:

"Looks to be the new Cobra or now known as the 2007 Shelby Cobra which will replace the old name Mustang SVT Cobra.

Claim it will produce 550hp and the 0-60mph time could dip below 4.0 seconds with a standing quarter mile in the low 12's or even high 11's and will have the GT's supercharged aluminum 5.4-liter V-8 and a stiffened, toughened version on the GT's live axle with coil springs and an anti roll bar. it also will not weigh that much more then the Mustang GT which weighs in at 3520.

They are saying by getting rid of the IRS and putting in the solid axle they will be saving $70 million in development cost.

I'm not doubting you, however, it won't be the $40,000 dollar cobra we're used to. Hell, that motor alone cost around $30,000.

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
NyteByte said:
I think he's referring to THIS car.

It's a totally different car than the SVT "Mustang" Cobra.

no, hes talking about this. its a repost.

cobramt27ve.jpg

cobramt32ut.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread