07-09 Clutch TSB and mods

vankuen

Established Member
So I am probably going to do the supersnake 700 hp TVS blower in a couple years, and wanted to make sure that I've got all my ducks in a row.

I just did an oasis report on my 2009 GT500 and found that the build date was 8/19/2008 with a warranty start date of 5/30/2009.

The clutch feels fine, shifter feels fine, but should I get the TSB done anyway before doing any engine mods? My understanding is that not ALL the gt500s are affected--only certain driving conditions caused the problems.

What do you guys think?

2kmelat

Established Member
if u plan on racing at all i would get the TSB done but dont put the stock clutch and flywheel in it. get an aftermarket one i put the spec in mine after 2 TSB. or the ram. If you dont plan on racing it leave it alone i think the original clutch was better.

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Your build date is borderline of having the updated billet steel flywheel and nickel hub clutch. Take a peek in the bellhousing to see if you have the new flywheel. The old style nodular flywheel will have vented holes in it surrounding the mounting surface to the crank whereas the new style will not. If you have the old style just drive the car and don't worry about it. Many cars have not had any problems but if you start having symptons, then if it falls under warranty have it done at a dealer that has master techs.

vankuen

Established Member
Your build date is borderline of having the updated billet steel flywheel and nickel hub clutch. Take a peek in the bellhousing to see if you have the new flywheel. The old style nodular flywheel will have vented holes in it surrounding the mounting surface to the crank whereas the new style will not. If you have the old style just drive the car and don't worry about it. Many cars have not had any problems but if you start having symptons, then if it falls under warranty have it done at a dealer that has master techs.

That is superb information there. Thank you! My main concern is that if something goes wrong with the clutch post HP increase and I failed to replace the clutch under warranty previously, that they'll tell me they won't warranty the flywheel because of the mods.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
I believe all cars with a build date of 9/08 and later aren't affected with the tsb issues. You should go to www.teamshelby.com to be sure. There's alot more info there for our cars.
BTW, I'm also in S.A. :coolman:

Last edited:

vankuen

Established Member
I believe all cars with a build date of 9/08 and later aren't affected with the tsb issues. You should go to 2007 Shelby GT500, 2008 Shelby GT500, 2008 Shelby GT500KR, Shelby GT500 Super Snake, Shelby GT500 Forums, Shelby GT, Shelby GT Forums, 2009 Shelby GT350, 2010 Shelby GT350, 2009 Boss Mustang, 2010 Boss Mustang, 2008 Terlingua Mustang - Home to be sure. There's alot more info there for our cars.
BTW, I'm also in S.A. :coolman:

Thanks for the tip! So you're in SA? Ever go out to the Biff's meetup?

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Thanks for the tip! So you're in SA? Ever go out to the Biff's meetup?

I use to go there with my Terminator. Haven't gone in the Shelby. I stopped going because of all the ricers. The hamburgers are awesome though. :coolman:
Are you going to the Mustang show at Bass Pro Shops next weekend?

vankuen

Established Member
Well...gotta get the windshield replaced first. Got a rock chip right in the center mass of the windshield and did the Safelite "repair" but most everyone that sees it says it doesn't even look like a repair...it can still be seen plain as day. So that whole thing of them making it "near invisible" is a bunch of hooey.

But where do I find more info on the bass pro shop showing?

Users who are viewing this thread