05 Saleen next to 12 GT500

LD5050

37OH55V
Established Member
Customer brought his Saleen in today for some audio work and interior lighting. Don't see these everyday (at least around here), so I grabbed a couple of pics next to my car. It's the SC version.

d1_zpsio4mknpt.jpg
d2_zpsshxqcmkc.jpg

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Both rides look great! Would rather see the factory hood on the Saleen instead of the Eleanor one that's on it.

LD5050

37OH55V
Established Member
I'm not a big fan of the weiner stitched into the seat lol but otherwise I dig it overall. Always nice to chat with a local enthusiast.
ds_zpsschpisoz.jpg

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I'm not a big fan of the weiner stitched into the seat lol but otherwise I dig it overall. Always nice to chat with a local enthusiast.
View attachment 54312

I've had an 06 S-281SC and those seats were as hard as a rock and too narrow. They actually replaced the factory foam and upholstery. Starting in 2008, they used the factory foam and just recovered them making the seats much softer and comfortable in my opinion. I was going to remove the seats and install Corbeau's if I would have kept her. Awesome cars with awesome handling!

LD5050

37OH55V
Established Member
Both rides look great! Would rather see the factory hood on the Saleen instead of the Eleanor one that's on it.

Thanks bud!

I've had an 06 S-281SC and those seats were as hard as a rock and too narrow. They actually replaced the factory foam and upholstery. Starting in 2008, they used the factory foam and just recovered them making the seats much softer and comfortable in my opinion. I was going to remove the seats and install Corbeau's if I would have kept her. Awesome cars with awesome handling!

I didn't get the Recaros optioned in my previous SVT Focus, although I was always on the lookout for a decently priced set. Was very happy to get them in the GT500 this time around.

I was impressed with the interior overall. The customer just bought the Saleen 3 days ago in Orlando and drove it straight here to East Texas.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Nice photos! Saleen Mustangs are in a class of their own and very beautiful...but that GT500...oooo lala! Haha :)

Mar48

Established Member
The '05 still looks great even when side by side with the '12!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is a really good looking Saleen Mustang. I agree that the seats are so-so. But let's focus attention on your GT-500. Awesome!! :beer:

LD5050

37OH55V
Established Member
Nice photos! Saleen Mustangs are in a class of their own and very beautiful...but that GT500...oooo lala! Haha :)

That is a really good looking Saleen Mustang. I agree that the seats are so-so. But let's focus attention on your GT-500. Awesome!! :beer:

Thanks you guys. My mod plans have been pushed back into next year (gotta pay for wife's cancer and kid's counseling :() but when I do get around to it, it's going to be something (even more) special. :burnout:

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Thanks you guys. My mod plans have been pushed back into next year (gotta pay for wife's cancer and kid's counseling :() but when I do get around to it, it's going to be something (even more) special. :burnout:

Sorry to hear about your wife, I hope the best for you and your family!

LD5050

37OH55V
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your wife, I hope the best for you and your family!

Thank you bro. It's just Thyroid cancer, which as far as cancers go isn't the worst as far as I understand. When she first came home from the doctor and told me it had grown and had to be removed, I thought she was talking about her pituitary tumor, which scared the sh*t out of me. But this - not so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread