05 GTO tries...for < 3 seconds

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
9PM last night...So I'm on my way home from the car show minding my business. Get on the freeway with some riced out civic (license plate TOMBOY, male driving :shrug: ) in my way and high on "I think I'm fast" drugs, with some smoke blowing CRX trying to play around at the same time and smoking the same crack as the "tomboy".

Dust off the rice; they exit my rear view mirror and the freeway a few miles later. Move over into the slow lane on the 3 lane highway and start waiting, have the car moving at a steady 60 MPH. A busa and a R1 cruise by at 90 MPH. I know my place on the food chain, let them go on their merry way ;-) . Low and behold, coming up almost immediately behind them is a black 6.0 GTO. Game time.

I move into the middle lane and slowly put my front bumper at his rear bumper w/o giving my car away. He didn't notice, so I pull up right along side him and pace him for about 2 seconds... then he takes off through traffic at WOT for about 3 seconds.

I slowly catch back up and put my front bumper at his door. I get the car in 3rd (~4500 RPM's) at about 70-75 MPH and see if he'll bite. I hear him downshift...nothing happens. I hit the gas real quick then let off, and he goes. Immediately bury the throttle and have a 1/2 car on him by the time I shift @ 5750 RPM's into 4th. He gives up after 2 seconds of me in 4th and putting a bus length on him.

Not a big deal though, I knew what the outcome was gonna be anyways. Sucks though, one of the rare times I didn't have a camera on scene.

Cliff notes: 04 cobra vs a LS2 GTO, see thread title for race details.

Last edited:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
I move into the middle lane and slowly put my front bumper at his rear bumper w/o giving my car away. He didn't notice, so I pull up right along side him and pace him for about 2 seconds... then he takes off through traffic at WOT for about 3 seconds.

I slowly catch back up and put my front bumper at his door. I get the car in 3rd (~4500 RPM's) at about 70-75 MPH and see if he'll bite. I hear him downshift...nothing happens. I hit the gas real quick then let off, and he goes. Immediately bury the throttle and have a 1/2 car on him by the time I shift @ 5750 RPM's into 4th. He gives up after 2 seconds of me in 4th and putting a bus length on him.

i hate when tryin to line up with a car, when they take off for abit. then your sittin there cruising next to each other tryin to instigate, and then the race starts but its never a good even start. someone usually takes off first. doesnt anyone know how to 3 honk? LOL

your cobra is pretty sick.. good run man

Akuma

Established Member
Nice kill 50. The one time you go anywhere without me and the camera.

racebronco2

Established Member
there are a few goats out there that can keep up to pulley,tune, cat-back and cai cobra .... doc being one of them .... most of them are still in warranty .... just like some of the cobra's when the warranty runs out it's time to mod ... unlike a few of us the mods started the day i got it ... most of them are about a second slower then me on street tires

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Akuma said:
Nice kill 50. The one time you go anywhere without me and the camera.

Ya Shaggy was pissed as well, he rode home with Brian in the Cuda. They were way back but he saw the GTO pass them and knew he was gonna come up on me.

RandomTask said:
whats done to your cobra?

http://saleenpower.com/forums/index.php?&act=garage&CODE=12&CID=52

I think that's all the mods. I don't really keep track too much anymore.

It's fast and it doesn't weigh 36XX pounds or w/e stock weight is.

Last edited:

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
racebronco2 said:
there are a few goats out there that can keep up to pulley,tune, cat-back and cai cobra .... doc being one of them .... most of them are still in warranty .... just like some of the cobra's when the warranty runs out it's time to mod ... unlike a few of us the mods started the day i got it ... most of them are about a second slower then me on street tires

I always walked the razor's edge with my warranty :burn:

Good kill. Your mods list is extensive!

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
atlvalet said:
You can go read all the 04 GTO > 03 Cobra threads over on ls1gto forums. They're priceless.
LOL! They're a freakin' scream.
Especially the ones where the owner of a car that runs high-13's at 100mph according their sig kills an '03/'04 from a roll by multiple cars.
Entertaining, to say the least.
S.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
atlvalet said:
You can go read all the 04 GTO > 03 Cobra threads over on ls1gto forums. They're priceless.

Ya I logged onto that website...once...for < 5 minuets.

Group think at it's finest; that board is worse than supraforums. If your outside the box they'll ban you :loser:

Users who are viewing this thread