05 GT VS 03 Mach !

divernb

Unrefined
Established Member
Imokalee Raceway!? No way! I live right near there (well about 45 mins away)

Their track prep isn't the greatest. I can't believe you drove all the way from Ft Laudy to Imokalee.

03OxWhiteMach

Lexi Belle=1 Sexy Clown
Established Member
I have family in Fort Myers, so its kinda on the way...

Prep wasn't the best and it just got worse as the night went on. There is hardly any wait time to line up and race though, so its good if you wanna get some track time in.

Im just going to chalk my slow times up to inexperience with this car. The car def. has more in it, I just need practice.

On a side note, I raced some guy and his wife in a yellow and black Hertz rental C6 Vette. Wasnt all that impressed... I mean he pulled me, but only ran a 8.8@84. I was expecting more.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I have family in Fort Myers, so its kinda on the way...

Prep wasn't the best and it just got worse as the night went on. There is hardly any wait time to line up and race though, so its good if you wanna get some track time in.

Im just going to chalk my slow times up to inexperience with this car. The car def. has more in it, I just need practice.

On a side note, I raced some guy and his wife in a yellow and black Hertz rental C6 Vette. Wasnt all that impressed... I mean he pulled me, but only ran a 8.8@84. I was expecting more.

Results not typical...I run 8.6 @ 85mph in an LS1 Stock F-Body... Driver mod needed for the C6.

03OxWhiteMach

Lexi Belle=1 Sexy Clown
Established Member
So based on what everyone is saying, everyone who drags at this track needs the driver mod? Something is fishy... Maybe the track needs the prep mod?? LOL

Stopsign32v

Established Member
So based on what everyone is saying, everyone who drags at this track needs the driver mod? Something is fishy... Maybe the track needs the prep mod?? LOL

Most of the time this is correct. 99.98% of the people that go to Test and Tune have no idea at all how to drive a car. If you run 8.8 or worse in a Mach 5 speed then sadly, you do not either.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Most of the time this is correct. 99.98% of the people that go to Test and Tune have no idea at all how to drive a car. If you run 8.8 or worse in a Mach 5 speed then sadly, you do not either.

1000% fact. So many people show up at Test and Tune thinking they are john force it's scary.. I get decent times out of my car but I know I am far from a 'great' driver.

Sometimes there is little you can do about track prep and the conditions...but that is why you present all the information. If you ran a 9 in the 1/8th at 5000ft no one will bust your balls... run a 9 in the 1/8th in decent conditions (sub 3000ft) and your getting your balls busted. :coolman:

here is an example of a near stock (has a catback) C6 in what most would consider crap conditions (33xxft DA)...
First, the weather conditions. Firebird is at an elevation of 1230 ft in Phoenix, AZ.

Temp was 80*F
RH...........21%
Baro Pressure 29.55
Wind 12 mph ESE, mostly a head wind.

DA was about 3372 ft

2008 M6 1LT base suspension. No mods, except for a Bassani catback. I'm not sure if that takes me out of the stock class but considering the NPP exhaust is basically a factory cat back option I would hope not. 1100 miles on the od. Stock tires. No dyno numbers. 91 octane.

Firebird International Raceway

60'......2.006
330'....5.486
1/8.....8.255 @ 89.20 mph
1000'..10.596
1/4.....12.570 @ 114.83

Here is a bone stock Auto LS2
Please add. Bone stock 2005 A4 3.15 on runflats. Houston Raceway Park

r/t..... .800
60'.....1.980
1/8....8.283
MPH...89.89
1/4....12.757
MPH...109.25

Last edited:

4valvemach

Established Member
You have absolutely no idea what you are doing racing if you cannot get a Mach 1 in the 8's in the 1/8th mile.

I know "Stopsign32v" is the next JOHN FORCE but someone who drove a mach1 with
JLT RAI
1/2 spacer
MAC catback
O/R Hpipe
WITH NITTO DRAG RADIAL'S to a time of
60ft=2.03
1/8=8.58
1/4=13.23 at 105mph

I dont think should say that someone else cant drive if "TR03MACH1" got 13.19 at 105mph with A STOCK MACH1.Also Mustangs and Fast fords magazine got a STOCK mach1 to run 13.15,13.25,13.33 as Im sure others have too.

:shrug:I dont know maybe Im just talking crazy!!!!!

P.s. yes my times suck :beer:

Last edited:

FutureCobraGuy

Established Member
Practice makes perfect. Don't let the times get you down, just let it motivate you to run better.
I went to a test in tune when I had my 5.0 with gears and MINOR bolt ons and spun on the shift to third gear and had to pedal it to regain traction, the track was horrible but I had also never been down the strip either. Many cars were looking like donkeys, much like I was.

smknvette

Established Member
You still have some left in your mach. My black one ran a 8.89@82 with a magnaflow catback, off road prochamber, and a JLT.

Also the vette was a pig. I had a 01 vette, auto, 3.15 gear, halltech trap, b&b bullet exhaust, and a programmer that ran a 8.49@85.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I know "Stopsign32v" is the next JOHN FORCE but someone who drove a mach1 with
JLT RAI
1/2 spacer
MAC catback
O/R Hpipe
WITH NITTO DRAG RADIAL'S to a time of
60ft=2.03
1/8=8.58
1/4=13.23 at 105mph

I dont think should say that someone else cant drive if "TR03MACH1" got 13.19 at 105mph with A STOCK MACH1.Also Mustangs and Fast fords magazine got a STOCK mach1 to run 13.15,13.25,13.33 as Im sure others have too.

:shrug:I dont know maybe Im just talking crazy!!!!!

P.s. yes my times suck :beer:

Keep in mind I do not own a Mach 1 and I've driven a Mach on the track twice. Which both times I ran 13.2. You failed to mention that or the fact that in my thread I made it clear there was no track prep. Here I'll help you out...

Me vs modded C6 - LS1TECH

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/time-slip-bar-42/578375-opinions-what-i-will-run-tonight.html

And here is when I ran the same car ONCE on the SAME track back in 2008.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...pinions-what-you-guys-think-car-will-run.html

If I can get a lightly bolt on Mach 1 to run 13.2 the first time, out of the box and I don't even own a Mach 1. You guys that do own one and can't get it to get out of its own way have some serious issues with driving skills. Oh and you 4valvemach have no room at all to talk about my driving skills. You cant even get your car to run faster than my 1999 Cobra did stock.... :kaboom:

03OxWhiteMach

Lexi Belle=1 Sexy Clown
Established Member
Im not saying im a pro drag racer though, so cut me a little bit of slack. In the original post I said it was my first time at the track with this car. Ive only owned the car a whopping 3 weeks at this point.

AND, while a 9.1 is not a great time, I admit, it certainly was enough to get the job done against the 05 GT. (Which was the whole point of the tread)

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Im not saying im a pro drag racer though, so cut me a little bit of slack. In the original post I said it was my first time at the track with this car. Ive only owned the car a whopping 3 weeks at this point.

AND, while a 9.1 is not a great time, I admit, it certainly was enough to get the job done against the 05 GT. (Which was the whole point of the tread)

That's fine just carefull tossing around comparisons... very few people have a clue how to drive and these forums are filled with people who typically can and hang around others who can as well. Posting a comparison of two unequally matched cars with really bad times is like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

4valvemach

Established Member
Keep in mind I do not own a Mach 1 and I've driven a Mach on the track twice. Which both times I ran 13.2. You failed to mention that or the fact that in my thread I made it clear there was no track prep. Here I'll help you out...

Me vs modded C6 - LS1TECH

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/time-slip-bar-42/578375-opinions-what-i-will-run-tonight.html

And here is when I ran the same car ONCE on the SAME track back in 2008.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...pinions-what-you-guys-think-car-will-run.html

If I can get a lightly bolt on Mach 1 to run 13.2 the first time, out of the box and I don't even own a Mach 1. You guys that do own one and can't get it to get out of its own way have some serious issues with driving skills. Oh and you 4valvemach have no room at all to talk about my driving skills. You cant even get your car to run faster than my 1999 Cobra did stock.... :kaboom:

I dont think you get my point you got a modded MACH1 to run a STOCK time!!
:loser:

So why did your 99cobra run such a slow time then,I guess it needed the driver mod
:beer:

Stopsign32v

Established Member

So why did your 99cobra run such a slow time then,I guess it needed the driver mod

:dw: My Cobra ran 13.5 stock. While its not the best time for a 99 Cobra most of them are realistically in the high 13's or low 14's. And about the Mach there is no doubt I could get a stock Mach 1 in the low 13's with some seat time at the track. I just do not have access to a stock Mach 1. You on the other hand own one and can't seem to get it to run faster than a stock GT. :poke:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member

Dude....tracks Vary. Chill out!...seriously. Stopsign may talk alot of shit, but I have yet to see him not back it up.

And for every stock 13.2 mach you can dish, I can show you ETs from guys that have been down the 1320 more than twice, light bolt ons, and still have issues getting into low 13s. The point is, times for these cars are all over the place. Factory cam timing, track difference, DA'...it all matters.

And yes....TRmachs 13.19 run was bone factory stock with almost full tank of gas.

IDK why you're hatin' on StopSign. YOu havin' a bad day today or what?

Last edited:

4valvemach

Established Member
:dw: My Cobra ran 13.5 stock. While its not the best time for a 99 Cobra most of them are realistically in the high 13's or low 14's. And about the Mach there is no doubt I could get a stock Mach 1 in the low 13's with some seat time at the track. I just do not have access to a stock Mach 1. You on the other hand own one and can't seem to get it to run faster than a stock GT. :poke:

My times are from when I owned my car for the first 3 months and that was over two years ago.Why my times suck, I was only reving to 2k and the car would bog at the off line.I went to the track six times the first three I was shifting to 4th as I did not know to stay in 3rd.Now after two years I think I will do much better now that I know how my car acts.When I get my new transmission I will go back and better my stock time.

Dude....tracks Vary. Chill out!...seriously. Stopsign may talk alot of shit, but I have yet to see him not back it up.

And for every stock 13.2 mach you can dish, I can show you ETs from guys that have been down the 1320 more than twice, light bolt ons, and still have issues getting into low 13s. The point is, times for these cars are all over the place. Factory cam timing, track difference, DA'...it all matters.

And yes....TRmachs 13.19 run was bone factory stock with almost full tank of gas.

IDK why you're hatin' on StopSign. YOu havin' a bad day today or what?

Im not hatin on him but when he starts saying that if you cant get a stock mach1 to run a great time some how you cant drive.But yet he had a modded mach and did no better then a stock time.He also owned a 4v cobra which is almost the same as a mach.So he should have an idea of how such motors behave and what is needed to run a good time.

I would think that helpfull tips would be much better to give then to say oh you cant drive.

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
My times are from when I owned my car for the first 3 months and that was over two years ago.Why my times suck, I was only reving to 2k and the car would bog at the off line.I went to the track six times the first three I was shifting to 4th as I did not know to stay in 3rd.Now after two years I think I will do much better now that I know how my car acts.When I get my new transmission I will go back and better my stock time.

Ok, so your times suck. You ran 13.8 and you owned the car for 3 months. I ran 13.2 with a shifter, midpipe and catback with a 2.0 60' shifting at 6,000rpms in each gear and I don't even own the car nor have I ever driven a Mach 1 on the track. I'm failing to realize where YOU are talking bad about my driving skills. :dw:

Im not hatin on him but when he starts saying that if you cant get a stock mach1 to run a great time some how you cant drive.But yet he had a modded mach and did no better then a stock time.He also owned a 4v cobra which is almost the same as a mach.So he should have an idea of how such motors behave and what is needed to run a good time.

Seem to be hating to me. And where did I say if you cant get a Mach 1 to run a great time? Have trouble reading alot? Here I'll help you out... This is what I did say...

You have absolutely no idea what you are doing racing if you cannot get a Mach 1 in the 8's in the 1/8th mile.

The reason I said this was because I got my 95 bolt on 5.0 (slow as shit) to run a 9.2 in the 1/8th. So if you can't get a 2003 DOHC 4v Mach 1 to run a decent bit faster than that then it is clear you have no idea what you are doing at the track.

Oh and if you knew anything you should know that between the 99 Cobra and Mach 1 the only difference is the fact that they are both 281cid DOHC 4v Ford motors. :rollseyes So because I owned a 99 Cobra I should be able to get a Mach 1 which I don't own to run faster than what some guy said he did on the internet somewhere else? :dw: ..............makes sense to me. :kaboom:

4valvemach since you have such a chip on your shoulder take your car to the track somewhere in GA and I will meet you there and you can take it down the track 3 times and I'll take it down the track once and we will see who has the better time.

Last edited by a moderator:

4valvemach

Established Member
How about this if you can get that same modded mach1 that you used to run 13.23 at 105mph to go 13.18 on STOCK tires.

I will put "Stopsign32v is the BEST driver and I wish I could be as good as him one day:bowdown:"in my signature

should I beat your time of 13.23 with my STOCK mach1 you put "4valvemach is the BEST driver and I wish I could be as good as him one day:bowdown:"in yours

This will stay in who evers sig for the rest of the year
Deal or no

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread