05 gt vs 03 mach

crystal_SVT

Established Member
joegt38 said:
God damn, you people bitch about everything, IMO The Bullitt the 99-02 GT the 96-98 Cobras and 99/01 Cobra and most Machs are slow, out of all the Machs Ive seen only 1 impressed me.
LS1s can be Impressive and the 03-04 Cobras are impressive in the right hands.

u have a power adder so of course those cars shoulde be slower in stock form.. what are u tryin to get at?

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
joegt38 said:
God damn, you people bitch about everything, IMO The Bullitt the 99-02 GT the 96-98 Cobras and 99/01 Cobra and most Machs are slow, out of all the Machs Ive seen only 1 impressed me.
Damn you sound like a Corvette owner :bash:

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
That would explain alot, to be quite honest.
Heres the thing, the dealer told me it was a V8, lol if he doesn't know the difference...
Also, the options listed on the sticker did not match the options shown on the Roush page, and additionally the car cost 38,000$ without a dealer mark up on it. :shrug:
It did however say "Stage 1" on it.

I assumed it was a V8.. I am not big in aftermarket production models, and did not think Roush would actually make a V6...
Anyway, if it was a V6, thats funny, if not, its sad.

Cobra4pt6

Banned
Sephiroth said:
I know some bullitt owners tend to think they are god's gift to Mustangs, but, your not running much if any better than a GT of the same year.
A new GT will beat you all things equal.

tell me about, theres this bullit owner in san marcos who thinks his bullit is almighty.

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
Cobra4pt6 said:
tell me about, theres this bullit owner in san marcos who thinks his bullit is almighty.

Does he have anything done to his car? If it's close to stock, then he is an idiot.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
MattP 343 said:
So far in 2005 Roush has only made a Sport and a Stage 1 and they are both V8s.

So yes your comment would be true if you were talking about Pre-05

No hes still wrong, I have a Roush dealer up by me and I even asked if all Stg. 1's were all v6's and they said they werent, even showed me a Stg. 1 that had a v8. If the guy knew about the new 05's then yes you are correct they have only made v8s in the Roush so far for the new chassis

Sephiroth

Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
Me and 4.6 rocket have stopped this arguement time and time again. The bullitt's powerband is FAR better than a GT....and they're underated at that. They make more around 280-285hp rather than 270. Also the NEW GTs are pigs, they weight a good bit more than the bullitt/gt.

05 Gts are turning what 13.7s - 13.8s (what i've read in mags) those numbers are WELL within the capabilities of a bullitt.

bullitt owners dont think they are god's gift to mustangs, they're just tired of hearing the same ol' oh its just a gt. :bash:

I apologize for Sephiroth hijacking this thread.

13.6 best ive ever seen stock, 13.7 for a GT, yea, mindbending.
Wasn't trying to be an ass, but, NO sorry.
Only thing the bullitt has going for it is the intake.
Anyway, I believe ya, you could probly beat a LS1 all day too. :rolleyes: :loser:

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Sephiroth said:
13.6 best ive ever seen stock, 13.7 for a GT, yea, mindbending.
Wasn't trying to be an ass, but, NO sorry.
Only thing the bullitt has going for it is the intake.
Anyway, I believe ya, you could probly beat a LS1 all day too. :rolleyes: :loser:
Whats mindbending is how much you ignorant ****s think the bullitt and the gt are the same car. If bullitts are dynoing 250+rwhp theyre turning out about 285 at the crank. Which is a tad bit more than 260.

Where are you getting these numbers? Last i saw fastest a bullitt turned was 13.45 on drag radials. Almost 1/2 a second is a sizeable margin in the 1/4 mile.

Natec

Established Member
i really dont get it... not to hijack the thread but someone tell me... whats so damn good about a bullit... besides interior no sproiler and a different intake... my buddy has one and its just as fast as my buddies GT they have the exact same mods.

pottsy

Established Member
joegt38 said:

I agree if you're talking about stock performance...13's stock just aren't anything special anymore. I don't think the 05 GT's are impressive from a performance standpoint stock either...but you have to give credit to the Mach guys who have broken into the 12's stock though, that's damn good for a stock N/A 4.6.

pottsy

Established Member
Natec said:
i really dont get it... not to hijack the thread but someone tell me... whats so damn good about a bullit... besides interior no sproiler and a different intake... my buddy has one and its just as fast as my buddies GT they have the exact same mods.

They have a better suspension, much better brakes, seats, different exhaust, better intake...the list goes on. They aren't much more powerful than a regular GT, but overall they are quite a bit nicer IMO.

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
pottsy said:
They have a better suspension, much better brakes, seats, different exhaust, better intake...the list goes on. They aren't much more powerful than a regular GT, but overall they are quite a bit nicer IMO.

Thanks. Someone with appreciation. :beer:

What you said is pretty good. The only other comment I have for others is that power wise, a bullitt will be a much closer race for a 96-98 cobra in stock form than a 99-04 GT would be.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
pottsy said:
I agree if you're talking about stock performance...13's stock just aren't anything special anymore. I don't think the 05 GT's are impressive from a performance standpoint stock either...but you have to give credit to the Mach guys who have broken into the 12's stock though, that's damn good for a stock N/A 4.6.

A 13 second street car is still impressive for me.

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
TORNATIC!! said:

Having a 13 sec car is fast enough and impressive for most people but a 12 sec car is just that much better :-D If you have been in a solid 12 sec car you know what I'm talking about. :pepper:

pottsy

Established Member
TORNATIC!! said:

Well it varies from person to person...there are people that ride in my car and think it's fast as hell, and there are people that own fast cars, get in mine, and yawn. It just depends on what you've been exposed to I guess, but there's certainly nothing wrong with your opinion. :beer:

Blackie

Sephiroth said:
...I know some bullitt owners tend to think they are god's gift to Mustangs...

That is the funniest thing I read ia while...Classic. :lol:
My friend's dad has a Bullitt and he is one of those Bullitt owners...

SVECobraR

Established Member
All i know is that my friend has a 01 or 02 (i'm not sure what year they made them) bullitt and he had flowmaster's welded in, bassani x-pipe, densecharger cold air, pro m 95mm mass air, and custom predator tune and he dynoed at 250rwhp and 290rwtq. so thats not impressive, also

People are running high 12's in mach 1's? i know the live axle makes it easier to launch but i can't believe that its that much faster than my 99 cobra.

machone

NA power
Established Member
SVECobraR said:
All i know is that my friend has a 01 or 02 (i'm not sure what year they made them) bullitt and he had flowmaster's welded in, bassani x-pipe, densecharger cold air, pro m 95mm mass air, and custom predator tune and he dynoed at 250rwhp and 290rwtq. so thats not impressive, also

People are running high 12's in mach 1's? i know the live axle makes it easier to launch but i can't believe that its that much faster than my 99 cobra.

"All i know is that my friend has a..."

Theres that line again...

The best mach1 times ive seen are 13.1s at around 106ish. If your talking about drag racing theyre faster then the n/a cobras becuz the axle, better gearing, and better low end tq thanks to 5.4l camshafts.

Users who are viewing this thread