05 gt vs 03 mach

cobradude

SVT DUDE
Established Member
First off I own a 01 cobra with nearly 600 rwhp. well My sister is a body builder and she is going to L.A for a show so she rented a 05 gt white mustang,guess what I drove it home! I got punked by a orange cobra 04,and a 96 cobra,and a 01 lightning! but ,blue and blck striped mach wanted to run,we went through the first 2 gears even and by the end of 4th he had a 1 1/2 over me sounded like he had a full exhuast!!!! it was really close,these 05's are faster then I thought. :burn:

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
according to what i've heard bullitts are as fast if not faster than the 05s because of the obvious weight disadvantage.

Then again this is just what i've heard never having personally run an 05 myself.....yet.

Sephiroth

Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
according to what i've heard bullitts are as fast if not faster than the 05s because of the obvious weight disadvantage.

Then again this is just what i've heard never having personally run an 05 myself.....yet.

I know some bullitt owners tend to think they are god's gift to Mustangs, but, your not running much if any better than a GT of the same year.
A new GT will beat you all things equal.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Sephiroth said:
I know some bullitt owners tend to think they are god's gift to Mustangs, but, your not running much if any better than a GT of the same year.
A new GT will beat you all things equal.

Me and 4.6 rocket have stopped this arguement time and time again. The bullitt's powerband is FAR better than a GT....and they're underated at that. They make more around 280-285hp rather than 270. Also the NEW GTs are pigs, they weight a good bit more than the bullitt/gt.

05 Gts are turning what 13.7s - 13.8s (what i've read in mags) those numbers are WELL within the capabilities of a bullitt.

bullitt owners dont think they are god's gift to mustangs, they're just tired of hearing the same ol' oh its just a gt. :bash:

I apologize for Sephiroth hijacking this thread.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
Me and 4.6 rocket have stopped this arguement time and time again. The bullitt's powerband is FAR better than a GT....and they're underated at that. They make more around 280-285hp rather than 270. Also the NEW GTs are pigs, they weight a good bit more than the bullitt/gt.

05 Gts are turning what 13.7s - 13.8s (what i've read in mags) those numbers are WELL within the capabilities of a bullitt.

bullitt owners dont think they are god's gift to mustangs, they're just tired of hearing the same ol' oh its just a gt. :bash:

I apologize for Sephiroth hijacking this thread.

The new GT's are capable of mid 13's stock with the right driver and they should be faster than a bullitt.

SVTCobra1

Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:

Stock for Stock it Might be close, But Bullitts do not response as well as the 05 GT do to Mods. So I would say your wrong in saying the Bullitt are as fast or faster.

BTW: This thread was about a 05 VS a Mach 1 not a 00 GT with a different intake.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
machone said:
I ran an 05 gt a while back. He saw mach1 tail lights. Theyre are fast though and that 3v sounds BAD.

They definitely have a unique sound.

I saw one take off from a light the other day. In the upper RPM's, the engine makes a very cool sounding "whir". It's hard to explain. And the stock exhaust system sounds bad-ass.

Ford really nailed it with the new Mustang, IMO.

joegt38

Established Member
God damn, you people bitch about everything, IMO The Bullitt the 99-02 GT the 96-98 Cobras and 99/01 Cobra and most Machs are slow, out of all the Machs Ive seen only 1 impressed me.
LS1s can be Impressive and the 03-04 Cobras are impressive in the right hands.

cobradude

SVT DUDE
Established Member
The 05's due sound unique!!! I love my Cobra(of course) but, I was very excited driving this car,makes me wonder about the new Shelby,are sc saleen! Also these 05's have 3.55's same as a mach and I think the bullits have 3.27's. I say from personal experience,the 05's are equal w/ the bullits,if not slightly better! The mach sounded like it had atleast a catback,and I was driving my ass off to hang w/him,but he eventually pulled up top.

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
TORNATIC!! said:
The new GT's are capable of mid 13's stock with the right driver and they should be faster than a bullitt.

I will not argue that the 05 GT's are slow. They can move and I was impressed when I raced one. We were even for a while but I slowly pulled in 3rd and 4th. The major disadvantage that the 05 has is the weight. A Mach 1 should pull a car or two on a 05 GT and the same result should occur when a Mach 1 races a Bullitt. I do agree that the 05 is making some good dyno numbers but their times are not all that great. They hook up real good off the line but I'm still seeing a lot of video's online where 05 GT's are only trapping 101-98 stock :rolleyes: My stock time is in my sig to compare. It is still too early to tell what the 05's are fully capable of, but Bullitt's are nothing to laugh about. Mach 1> Bullitt or 05 GT, as far as 1/4 times are concerned!

DHG BULLITT said:
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

12nChng

Established Member
I'm just happy ford made the GT's NOT SLOW. I mean any thing in the 13's is good for a stock car! And from what I have seen they react REALLY well to mods!!!!

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
12nChng said:
I'm just happy ford made the GT's NOT SLOW. I mean any thing in the 13's is good for a stock car! And from what I have seen they react REALLY well to mods!!!!
That is true but it's scary to think that some people feel that 13's are not fast anymore and 12's is where we should be :eek:

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
4.6 Rocket said:
That is true but it's scary to think that some people feel that 13's are not fast anymore and 12's is where we should be :eek:

Yep, it's 2005. Back in '95 a 13 sec car was awesome. Now you got sedans like the Altima SE-R getting low 14's on average :uh oh:

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
TORNATIC!! said:
Yep, it's 2005. Back in '95 a 13 sec car was awesome. Now you got sedans like the Altima SE-R getting low 14's on average :uh oh:
(OT) Then my suggestion is, keep whatever you have, because 1974 is about to repeat itself all over again! All the nasty little signs are aligning themselves, high gasoline prices, insurance companies applying ridiculous surcharges, government regulators pushing for high mph and hybrid cars, domestic car companies going down the drain! I think Ford might be lucky to get some of the upcoming Shelby Cobras out the door before it all comes crashing down around them and us. It was a fun little ride, but the bubble is about to burst, mark my words. :(

joegt38

Established Member
TR03Mach1 said:
(OT) Then my suggestion is, keep whatever you have, because 1974 is about to repeat itself all over again! All the nasty little signs are aligning themselves, high gasoline prices, insurance companies applying ridiculous surcharges, government regulators pushing for high mph and hybrid cars, domestic car companies going down the drain! I think Ford might be lucky to get some of the upcoming Shelby Cobras out the door before it all comes crashing down around them and us. It was a fun little ride, but the bubble is about to burst, mark my words. :(
Very true.....

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I went from my modded Mach into an 05 Roush Stage 1 for a test drive and I can only say that I was very dissapointed, so much that I actually went right back to the dealers lot.
The seat of the pants feel on the 05 Roush was weak even compared to my Mach when it was bone stock. I am honestly suprised to hear that they run high 13's.

Mind you, it was a sweet looking car (for the most part), the Roush seats were very nice, and the handling was excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread