04 Oxford White Terminator with 132k for 14k? worth it?

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Cobra actually looks clean with those kind of miles....you'd really have to look the car over good though!

Need to see the interior also....

paradigm

Established Member
lets say the car was basically just a daily driver, and not really raced.... what kind of life do you think the motor has left in it?

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Not for me. That's a lot to pony up for a car with an accident and high miles. I wouldn't care what that outside looks like. I think your better off adding 6k to your price and getting one with 100k less miles. These cars bring good money but this is crazy IMO. I don't care how pampered they say the miles are. 132k is 132k.

cj428mach

Established Member
When I was looking there was a clean 03 white coupe with 64k miles on it for 14,800 on craigslist about 10hr drive from me. It would of been mine but someone beat me to it.

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Too many miles for any price. I would only buy that if I got a hell of a deal. Not only does the motor have 130k on it but so does the drive-train and the suspension and you have to worry about it being in a wreck. Not for me.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Way too much money for that car with an accident history and that much mileage.

Cobra03SC

Established Member
I picked up my 120k mile sonic blue cobra for 14k BUT it had a brand new motor and trans installed. Like they say, its not a horrible price, but that's alot of miles on the motor and trans. You can expect to start making major repairs in the near future. Body miles dont bother me, the accident does, and the motor/trans mileage does.

sean r

Established Member
I see some on here for 18-20 with around 50k why bother with this everything is tired on the car. maybe worth 10 and go thru everything on it.

ttype69

Established Member
Id pass, Look close at the pics all the bolt for compnents under the hood are all rusty, if you read about 7 post down he mentions a totaly diff car this guy is deff trying to make some coin he over paid for the car and imo is trying to make his money back. It looks like a daily driven mustang that he bought then rubbed out (wet sanded and buffed) the paint and shined the tires and is just trying to flip dont waste your time. also green coolant realy to lazy to even buy ford coolant mmm no thanks. Trust me ive bought and sold allot of cars i know how to make a turd look good enuf to sell hes makeing the car appeal to the eye, But i dont put myself in a spot were i have to try to rip some one off I find that bad business.

Last edited:

Ukfox89

Established Member
Bought my white cobra some small mods with 92k miles for $13k slapped a kennebell 2.8 on it and drove it at a 100k+ miles for about 8 months and it was a blast. Don't forget these engines are built and built well. Not some robot built junk.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
im glad im not the average snobby mileage cobra owner lol....

id try to talk him down of course, but no reason to be scared of the mileage.

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
I payed a hair over 20 just recently for same car and year with 15k miles. But all depends on what "your" intentions were with the car. I wouldn't go no higher than 12.5! I would make it a nice dd or tear it completely down and rebuild for a track ready car. Just my 2 cents.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
I'd pay a bit more for one with less than half the miles.

Guys saying $8-10k are dreaming though.

I'd say the owner is the one dreaming. Like someone said before, not only does the engine have 136k on it, so does the rest of the car. Sounds like a nickle and dime nightmare to me. My top would be 10k

Tango7

Established Member
I sold a 03 anniversary convertible last your for 11,000 I think, and it had 166,000 miles. The guy that bought it had it dyno and it made 404 hp.. I would pass on that one. There are better deals out there.

Users who are viewing this thread