04 KB Cobra falling flat on its face

cobra21987

Established Member
Well about two months ago i got my car tuned and on the way home i went to do a 3rd gear pull and it just fell flat on its face. Its only did it that time till this weekend it happend like 3 times. Any ideas please

spdtrip

Established Member
Mine was doing the same thing in 3rd gear only with email tune. I got a dyno tune and it hasnt happened since. Is it only in 3rd gear? I dont know what was causing mine but tune fixed it.

Mystic03

Established Member
gotta datalog from your tuner...or handheld i had that same problem found out it was the hose on my pumps. pumps put a nice cut to one of them

racebronco2

Established Member
from 2nd to 3rd yea

If it only happens when you change gears then you have two choices, shift faster or do the pprv delete. I speed shift and have never had the dreaded hesitation between gears. I just have the hesitation on track when i go wot,then full on brakes and try to go wot again.

ITL Cobra

Established Member
I am having the same issue. So far I have changed the plugs, cop's, fuel filter, and frps. I took the car out for a short ride and noticed that a whine (not in boost). As the car is always on a charger I put the charger on and the following morning the battery still wasn't charged. So did a little searching and found a few others have had this issue too, and the problem was caused by a bad alternator and or battery. So to be on the safe side I ordered a 220amp alternator. Should be here this week. I have a dyno session scheduled for the 28th if all this does not solve the issue. I did notice when I 1st start the car after the battery has been charged the A/F gauge reads between 13 and 14.7 at idle. When I shut it down for a while and restart without charging she reads between 14 and low 15's and jumps around. So I am thinking it might be a charging issue.:shrug::shrug:

cobra21987

Established Member
maybe that is the problem cause the other day my battery light came on after i started it after sitting for a week but then the light went off after 20 seconds

Users who are viewing this thread