04 GT K/B Dyno numbers..need help!

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
Correct me if I am wrong, but if its running lean (no A/F numbers mentioned) the numbers would be higher and you would probably hear some sort of detonation. What about the tune (no mention of that)? The tune is everything (at least from my experience). I bought a mail order tune from JDM to compliment my exhaust, cai, 2.76 pully. I put it on the dyno and it pulled 444 rwhp and 486 rwtq (june in hotlanta). My car was detonating down low. I called JDM about it and they sent me another tune. Nothing changed except the tune and the car pulled 388 rwhp and 391 rwtq...yes you read right....388rwhp and 391 rwtq (no detionation). Both times it was right at 13 psi. I ended up having a local tuner (Aric with Injected Engineering) tune it and everything turned out fine 442 rwhp and 478 rwtq and best of all no detionation. So as from my experience, the tune was everything. Who would have thought a pullied 03 cobra with exhaust and a cai would put down near stock numbers with a tune?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Correct me if I am wrong, but if its running lean (no A/F numbers mentioned) the numbers would be higher and you would probably hear some sort of detonation.

not without timing...i bet that thing is pulling tons of it away due to the heat from 9 or 11psi without an intercooler...that and the MAF is certainly pegged

Last edited:

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
wow something is way wrong. First off in my opinion he shouldnt be running that much boost with the non intercooled kit. I believe KB sells there non intercooled kits with a 6lb pulley if i remember correctley. My lil 1.7 KB makes 388rwhp and 401rwtq with the 9lb pulley so your buds numbers are way off. you should swap on the 6lb pulley and go from there.

i think ^^^isaac^^^^ was running the stock MAF all the way to 370rwhp with his intercooled KB

so in sure that his is fine for now its just he went cheap and didnt intercool the system and this is what he got :poke:

Last edited:

mysteed

Established Member
not without timing...i bet that thing is pulling tons of it away due to the heat from 9 or 11psi without an intercooler...that and the MAF is certainly pegged
No way that MAF is pegging. I know a lot of V6 guys use the stock maf and they run anywhere from 250-350rwhp. It won't be the timing either as even with no timing in my V6 I'm making similar numbers. My guess is it's the tune and/or the fuel pump.

edit: Seeing a graph and knowing more information would be very helpful.

blownaltered

Established Member
the maf is fine I went 310 rwhp with stock MAF and injectors on my h/c 01 GT. The car is definitly pulling timing, I would intercool that car and it would be better.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
basic kit comes with

Billet BIG BORE Twin Screw 2.1L Supercharger
Hi-Flo Inlet Manifolds
Billet Bypass Valve Assembly
Re-calibrated Mono Chip
36lb Injectors
BOOST-A-PUMP™
Fuel Rails ('96-'00)
160° Calibrated Thermostat

fuel should not be the issue so long as teh BAP is working right

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I would think that the amount of air flowing through a N/A car and a supercharged car is a lot different. So a N/A car won't peg a MAF as quickly as a supercharged car, IMO.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
i think ^^^isaac^^^^ was running the stock MAF all the way to 370rwhp with his intercooled KB

so in sure that his is fine for now its just he went cheap and didnt intercool the system and this is what he got :poke:

yup, you speak the truth.

mysteed

Established Member
and you made how much power?
A little over 315rwhp/325rwtq with 10psi with my M112.

basic kit comes with

Billet BIG BORE Twin Screw 2.1L Supercharger
Hi-Flo Inlet Manifolds
Billet Bypass Valve Assembly
Re-calibrated Mono Chip
36lb Injectors
BOOST-A-PUMP™
Fuel Rails ('96-'00)
160° Calibrated Thermostat

fuel should not be the issue so long as teh BAP is working right
True. It's a fairly simple install though.

91frppgt

Banned
hey guys, i'm working on getting the dyno...

it turns out he was bullshitting me...the first baseline was at 270 rwhp..

after tune it came out 336 rwhp on 8 lbs.
we made a few runs and i was quite impressed...first run was from 20 and we stayed dead even till 60 then he pulled decent... the 2nd run was from a 45 and he pulled pretty good.

my guess is the car has a low low 13 or high 12 in it!

just wait till i get my gears installed, aluminum d/s, and my wet kit:rockon: i'll be crackin that ass!

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
hey guys, i'm working on getting the dyno...

it turns out he was bullshitting me...the first baseline was at 270 rwhp..

after tune it came out 336 rwhp on 8 lbs.
we made a few runs and i was quite impressed...first run was from 20 and we stayed dead even till 60 then he pulled decent... the 2nd run was from a 45 and he pulled pretty good.

my guess is the car has a low low 13 or high 12 in it!

just wait till i get my gears installed, aluminum d/s, and my wet kit:rockon: i'll be crackin that ass!

336 still low numbers....

Users who are viewing this thread