04' DODGE RAM SRT-10 IS THERE ANY HOPE?

HEMITHIS23

Established Member
I Hope you have some mods because the stock lightning & cobra dont stand a chance from what im hearing.

Impact 5.0

Established Member
Originally posted by HEMITHIS23
I Hope you have some mods because the stock lightning & cobra dont stand a chance from what im hearing.

Well that what they think, My Harley will run them!

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member

OH my its the 13.8 Truck from hell. I :bowdown: :bowdown: Before it gee I think I'll just quake in my boots over this monster.

YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rollseyes :rollseyes

Oh and if Sport Truck can only get a 13.12 out of it and they have professional drivers I think PVO and Damiler/:cryying: need to revamp they'er fantasy 1/4th time.:kaboom: which is 12.9 maybe if theres a stiff 45 MPH tailwind. with 45 degree temps.;-) :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Last edited:

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Their not that fast, 2 major mags. have already tested the truck and it has only run an 13.8 @ 102-103mph. :rollseyes I'm sorry but I don't see all the hype. :shrug:

Impact 5.0

Established Member
LOL
From the sounds of it looks like the hemi needs to worry about us Harleys more than the Lightings and cobra's

4.6speed

Established Member
I didn't know the crack epidemic was bad in Staten Island. That truck isn't taking my Cobra thats for sure!

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member

Hope i have enougth mods? My truck has plenty of mods that people dont know about. I have every bolt on that can be safely ran on a stock bottom end and im gonna have more by the time these trucks are on the street. I can assure you that i can hold my own when one pulls up next to me.:burnout:

Aaron_01

Banned

Than youve been hanging out with some idiots. A 13.8 quarter mile from a 500hp truck :bowdown: NOT Its a joke. What do you think SRT stands for? Shitty Ram Truck

hj16

Established Member
Bwahahaha

A Lightning is a fair competitor for the SRT. But saying that the SRT can take a Cobra stock for stock is just plain ignorant.:kaboom:

Impact 5.0

Established Member
Originally posted by Aaron_01
Than youve been hanging out with some idiots. A 13.8 quarter mile from a 500hp truck :bowdown: NOT Its a joke. What do you think SRT stands for? Shitty Ram Truck
:lol: Shitty Ram Truck :D

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Going on test numbers...my nearly stock 98 Cobra will run a SRT-10 dead even. Now, I wouldn't waste my time lining up against a new lightning or Cobra...I can't see where the new RAM stands much chance. From what I have seen, the SRT people are gona have to spend $50K plus on the truck including mods to outrun a $35K truck. I can't help but to think of the pissed of Corvette people who save for years and years to get their dream car spend $55K on a Z-06 and then get run dead even by a 32K dollar Cobra driven by a 20 year old with 1500 dollars in mods

Chris

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
If they're so fast the why was the lightning proclaimed fastest production truck and not the SRT-10? And to say it's faster than a cobra, HA, last time I checked, a stock 03' Cobra usually runs mid 12's, I think that's faster than 13.8. Maybe I'm wrong. And lightnings run 13.5-13.8's all day from the factory.

PLUS, I think the aftermarket for the SRT-10 will be about as good as it is for a viper. How many years did it take for someone to make a decent set of headers for the V-10's? I think borla finally did it after about 8 years of the engine being out.

Just like the SRT-4's, close, but no cigar.

Users who are viewing this thread