04 Cobra vs 07 BMW M5

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
This is go n to go down as soon as my car is out of the body shop and it will be filmed, I wanted to know what ur guy's thoughts on this race. My buddys M5 only has Exhaust and lowered, my 04 will have BF 2.76, BBK o/r x, Bassani cat-back, FIPK and sct x-cal II by Amazon. We will be do n from the dig and from a roll and from what I know these M5 have 500hp stk what do u guys think?

arodsvt

C Quema
Established Member
This is go n to go down as soon as my car is out of the body shop and it will be filmed, I wanted to know what ur guy's thoughts on this race. My buddys M5 only has Exhaust and lowered, my 04 will have BF 2.76, BBK o/r x, Bassani cat-back, FIPK and sct x-cal II by Amazon. We will be do n from the dig and from a roll and from what I know these M5 have 500hp stk what do u guys think?

not sure if the 2.76 is enough..........what year is the m5. new gen or older model....new gen u lose...older model tie or maybe u will win by a hair.:burnout:

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
You will win. If you visualize the victory in meditation. And your car is faster:-D

arodsvt

C Quema
Established Member
not sure if the 2.76 is enough..........what year is the m5. new gen or older model....new gen u lose...older model tie or maybe u will win by a hair.:burnout:

i stand corrected.....technically u should beat him whether its from a roll or from a dig.......u should beat him............m5 0-60 in 4.7 1/4 in 13flat......its ur race to lose brother..........:beer:

HOSTIL

Established Member
I ran my buddies bro's 07 M6 last year!!! we were 3 wide on the xway, 07 C6, 07 M6 and my 04 Cobra, I wanted the vette so did pay much attention to the M6, we went on three honks the M6 got a late start and I ate the vette up til shut down about 140ish M6 no where insight.

Run 2

Three wide again. Three honks and we all got the same start, I jumped out 2.5 cars and i let the C6 and the M6 battle for second and the M6 pulled out the win.

Run 3

Me and the M6 .

Three honks and he didnt go right away ao i waited a split second and then hit when he hit and I was already out of my sweet spot and It was a race I had him by a half car and could swear that he could've been inching on me at 150ish but we shut down..

my take....very fast cars! dont under estimate and don't sleep on him like I did.

my mods....2.8/cai/borla c/b diablo tune on a nitto

dont forget these cars have a 8400 rpm redline......

you should be ok...drive ir like you stole it!

Last edited:

arodsvt

C Quema
Established Member
I ran my buddies bro's 07 M5 last year!!! we were 3 wide on the xway, 07 C6, 07 M5 and my 04 Cobra, I wanted the vette so did pay much attention to the M5, we went on three honks the M5 got a late start and I ate the vette up til shut down about 140ish M5 no where insight.

Run 2

Three wide again. Three honks and we all got the same start, I jumped out 2.5 cars and i let the C6 and the M5 battle for second and the M5 pulled out the win.

Run 3

Me and the M5 .

Three honks and he didnt go right away ao i waited a split second and then hit when he hit and I was already out of my sweet spot and It was a race I had him by a half car and could swear that he could've been inching on me at 150ish but we shut down..

my take....very fast cars! dont under estimate and don't sleep on him like I did.

my mods....2.8/cai/borla c/b diablo tune on a nitto

dont forget these cars have a 8400 rpm redline......

you should be ok...drive ir like you stole it!

Believe it or not the manual trans. m5 is slower than the smg m5 so i was rite....smg 12.5 1/4 and 0-60 4.2 manual is 4.7 and 1/4 of 13.0 if he has smg becareful......like i said its going to be by a hair if u win.....if not u will go bye bye......as 2nd....which we all know is the 1st place loser!:dw:

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
I saw a vid where a M5 was race n a lambo garlado if thats hoe u spell it and they raced from a 50km to 250km and it was neck to neck tghe whole way. My cuz said when he was at Infenion that there was a Cobra up against a M5 Cobra run n a 12.2 and the M slightly faster, from what I hear these Ms have a launch mode and diff stettings depending on how much power they want to use.

HOSTIL

Established Member
Believe it or not the manual trans. m6 is slower than the smg m6 so i was rite....smg 12.5 1/4 and 0-60 4.2 manual is 4.7 and 1/4 of 13.0 if he has smg becareful......like i said its going to be by a hair if u win.....if not u will go bye bye......as 2nd....which we all know is the 1st place loser!:dw:

OOOPSSSS HUGE MISTAKE!!!! NEXT TIME I'LL PAY MORE ATTENTION!!!!!

THE BMW WE RAN THAT NITE WAS A 2007 BMW M6 THE $105,000.00

GO GET YOU SOME M5 ASS!!!!:beer:

CobraRyan

Banned
I raced an m6 auto. I had 2.76 making 460/476. From a 40 roll all the way to 130 i had him by 2 cars. Every shift i would edge out 1/2 car or so.

Users who are viewing this thread