'04 cobra vert vs. '15 gt

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
this was my first run against the new body style. i do not know what kind of mods it had, but i can tell you that the exhaust was almost non-existent. this car was so loud that it wouldn't surprise me if he was somehow running straight pipes all the way back. but it did not sound all that great imo... too raspy, almost "rice-ey", if you could call it that.

anyway, i got a good listen because he was going straight at a light while i was sitting making a left to go in the same direction, and he was getting on it. several lights later he was sitting at a light i was coming up on and although it was not a dig race, i was still in second when he floored it coming up on my right - there was no mistaking that lol. we were pretty even through second, but when i hit third i just pretty much evenly walked away all the way through fourth.

i sort of wanted to talk to him after, but he just hung waaay back and then turned off. it was a nice looking car, a very dark grey and looked mean with black wheels. he really needed to have some kind of mufflers to mellow it out though, imo.

to be honest, i was not as impressed with the power it had compared to other new muscle i have run against, such as srt challengers, etc. from what i have read, the newest V8 camaros should prove very tough to beat.

car is a full weight cobra vert with about 450hp, 3.73 gear, and is my daily driver with 118k miles. :beer:

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
It's incredible how the '11 up 5.0's are equal to the Termi's performance, but would've cost 10k less than the Termi did when adjusted backwards for inflation.

clc44

Established Member
Good run op! I want to run into a bolt on cobra. I have the solid 6r80 which is the best transmission I've owned in a car. My t56 in my Gto sucked and my tr3650 in my Mach was notchy

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
For the price Ford was asking for Termis back in 03/04, they should have at least come with a stouter trans. The reality is that (adjusted for inflation) the Termi would cost 45k in today's dollars. That's 10-12k more than what a 5.0 now costs, so a person could actually buy a better trans in a newer 5.0 and still have tons of $$ left over. But this is a moot point, as Ford backs up whatever trans they use via their warranty.

Inb0ost

Established Member
Nice kill OP. However comparing the 5.0 to the 03/04 cobra is a dissimilar comparison. 5.0 IS a mustang GT not a cobra. So comparing it to a 99-04 GT price wise and trans/motor performance wise is more accurate. Unfortunately there isn't a mustang cobra anymore only the Shelby, So the 03/04 cobra should be compared to today's shelby's price and performance wise.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
When you said non existent exhaust I at first thought you meant it was stock. It took me a while to warm up to the sound of my car vs a 2001 GT I had but now I like it. The coyote engine does produce a good amount of rasp. He must have been OR was a small muffler though. I have an OR X and gt500s with no resonators and it's not all that loud. Under WOT though it growls like crazy. Sounds really good to me. Anyways I ran my buddy who has a vert, 2.76 pulley, CAI, exhaust and tune. He jumped out on me from a 50 roll about a car and stayed there but wasn't really gaining any on me until we shut down. I have tune, CAI, and ORX.

funmoneypit

Established Member
For the price Ford was asking for Termis back in 03/04, they should have at least come with a stouter trans. The reality is that (adjusted for inflation) the Termi would cost 45k in today's dollars. That's 10-12k more than what a 5.0 now costs, so a person could actually buy a better trans in a newer 5.0 and still have tons of $$ left over. But this is a moot point, as Ford backs up whatever trans they use via their warranty.
My Mystichrome '04 was $46,000 out the door in '04. What does that equate to in today dollars. $50,000 plus for sure. I am the second owner so I didn't pay that.

I too want to run an '11+ GT. I bought a brand new '12 GT and feel my almost stock Cobra pulls harder. My '12 GT bone stock ran a 12.93 @ 110mph. I think that is pretty close to what the vert Cobra is supposed to run.

Good kill OP.

Zemedici

Established Member

girlfriends 642 rwhp 15 doesnt seem to have any issues with the trans issue either :shrug: Not sure why we're STILL on the 'chinese junk MT-82' herpa derpa.....its not a Tremec, idk why people expect it to perform like one

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Good kill OP. I've ran one with CAI\exhaust\3.73 when I was pullied and was making 450/470 and I walked him by about 3 from about 45mph to the top of fourth.

Users who are viewing this thread