04 Cobra no fuel pressure

99cobrasvt

Established Member
Hi I just bought an 04 Cobra. started fine a few times. I tried to start it yesterday and it turns over but wont start. I have a Fuel pressure gauge and its reading zero. So no fuel pressure.
I dont hear the pumps come on when I turn the key. I checked under the hood and the fuse is good.
I left the key on checked for power in the trunk at the inertia switch and my boost a pump no power back there. Could it be the relay? That is in the fender? How could I check of that's good. Anyone have a prob like this? I only had thr car 2 days!! Thanks guys.

rymax101

Established Member
Interia switch provides ground... The green/yellow should get 12v with the key on. There are a couple fuses that should be checked

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Is the theft light blinking rapidly once the key is inserted and dashes on the odometer? This would indicate a PATS issue.

if the fuel system still runs like stock the pumps only get power for 2-3 seconds with key on and engine off

did you try to push down the inertia switch in the trunk just to be sure?

99cobrasvt

Established Member
Is the theft light blinking rapidly once the key is inserted and dashes on the odometer? This would indicate a PATS issue.

if the fuel system still runs like stock the pumps only get power for 2-3 seconds with key on and engine off

99cobrasvt

Established Member

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i agree with rymax101, first thing i would check would be for power at the fpdm. if you remove the fpdm connector, it is pin 9 which is the dark green/yellow wire that runs directly from the ccrm and it provides 12v power with the key on.

if you have power there with the key on, i would lean towards the problem being the pumps since and you are not hearing them prime

99cobrasvt

Established Member
i agree with rymax101, first thing i would check would be for power at the fpdm. if you remove the fpdm connector, it is pin 9 which is the dark green/yellow wire that runs directly from the ccrm and it provides 12v power with the key on.

if you have power there with the key on, i would lean towards the problem being the pumps since and you are not hearing them prime

99cobrasvt

Established Member
I found the problem I only had the car 2 days even the owner didnt know. But theres a switch hidden that controls the relay for the fuel system and when I got my car derailed yesterday they shut it off by accident. But thanks guys I was trying everything thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread