04 cobra losing fuel pressure

shannonmcb

Looking for some tips or help on troubleshooting a fuel pressure problem. Car sat for the winter when I pulled it out of storage it's starting to go hard lean on the wide band under boost in the 4500+ rpm range. Did a couple quick data logs and it looks like it's dropping the fuel pressure down to the low 30s. I've swapped fuel pumps with another stock set that were working when put on the shelves a few years ago. Checked the boost a pump and it's putting out 17.4v into the fpdm with the key on engine off.

Ported steigemeier Eaton (makes around 20psi)
60lb injectors
Diablo maf extender
Kenne bell boost a pump
Long tubes.

If anybody could offer some tips or things to try it would be appreciated I'm going to swap in a different fpdm but I have my doubts that's the issue. I have logs I can send as well if anyone would like to take a look.

01yellercobra

Established Member
It's probably still the pumps. They're old now. And sitting on the shelf doesn't help things. It could also be the BAP failing under load. JMO, but ditch the BAP and spend the money on GT pumps.

shannonmcb

I planned on a full return system this coming winter I just need the car to work like it did last year for one more summer if possible while I gather all the stuff. Anybody know a way to test the stock pumps to see if they are weak?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I did pull the fuel filter and it's clean. Ordered a new lower pulley I'm gonna drop the boost down some and see what happens.
Did you just look at it, or replace it? I did my last one with 10K miles on it and it was nasty, and I buy good gas from a top tier that's busy. How many miles on it? I'd fix the fuel issue before adding more boost, but that's me.

shannonmcb

I blew through it and there was no restrictions. Has maybe 2-3k miles on it and I'm lowering the boost not adding. Car has a +6 or +8 lower and im dropping it to a +2

Users who are viewing this thread