04 Cobra kenne bell 2.6 on e85

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
I was wondering how much horsepower i would be making roughly with the kenne bell 2.6 on e85?

i dont mean to be rude but how could anyone possibly even speculate on what horsepower you might make without knowing the setup you are running (boost?, displacement?, cams?, exhaust?,ect.)

cobra21987

Established Member
Yea i suppose lol my bad mods are jlt cai, sct 2400, 60# injectors, lethal budget fuel system, kenne bell 2.6 with 18 to 20 pounds of boost. Stock 2004 motor

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
I thought lethal said the budget return system won't be enough for a 650whp+ cobra on E85 ??? BTW should make 670-680ish @ 20psi ..I made 670whp with my kb 2.2 @20psi

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
I thought lethal said the budget return system won't be enough for a 650whp+ cobra on E85 ??? BTW should make 670-680ish @ 20psi ..I made 670whp with my kb 2.2 @20psi

Well, I'm going through this exact process but with a 2.2 KB. You will need bigger injectors, and bigger pumps than the Budget system from Lethal will get you. You will probably also need a higher amp alternator and possibly bigger lines. I went over all this with Lethal Performance and HPP Racing. I will send you a PM with more details. Unfortunately the car isn't finished being tuned but I can also send you more numbers to back up Bambino's numbers in just a few days as our setups will be nearly identical. Good luck with it.

Richie

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Well, I'm going through this exact process but with a 2.2 KB. You will need bigger injectors, and bigger pumps than the Budget system from Lethal will get you. You will probably also need a higher amp alternator and possibly bigger lines. I went over all this with Lethal Performance and HPP Racing. I will send you a PM with more details. Unfortunately the car isn't finished being tuned but I can also send you more numbers to back up Bambino's numbers in just a few days as our setups will be nearly identical. Good luck with it.

Richie

I HAVE 80lb injectors , two Ford gt pumps , modified fpdm , kb bap , lethal wire upgrade for the BAP..currently running out of fuel @ 5900 RPMS :( SELLING this kit and going return set up, BTW why higher amp alternator ??

Last edited:

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
I HAVE 80lb injectors , two Ford gt pumps , modified fpdm , kb bap , lethal wire upgrade for the BAP..currently running out of fuel @ 5900 RPMS :( SELLING this kit and going return set up, BTW why higher amp alternator ??

Well, my tuner was running out of voltage at the top of the dyno pull and so the fuel pumps would slow down, causing it to make a bunch less power. So he figures it was probably going out, but since they are pretty large pumps, (400 lph Walbors) we both figured it would be a good idea if the car made additional juice anyway. So we decided to upgrade my alternator to a 200 amp unit. Tuner also told me that it's a common occurrence.

Richie

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
If anyone is still wondering, my car made 662 rwhp and 560 rwtq with a 2.2 KB and e85.

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
Nice. I'd be pounding that tuner for 700rwhp if I were you... :beer:

Yeah dude, I'm all over that. I already have a plan, but I need to come up with the funds. I'm going with either a 2# or 4# lower to make some more torque, then probably, longtubes and 3" exhaust. That should bump me over 700 rwhp easily. If not, I'm gonna go with one of the new JLT intakes.

Sorry to jack the thread OP. You still intend to try e85? Once it's put together, its well worth it.

Richie

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Yeah dude, I'm all over that. I already have a plan, but I need to come up with the funds. I'm going with either a 2# or 4# lower to make some more torque, then probably, longtubes and 3" exhaust. That should bump me over 700 rwhp easily. If not, I'm gonna go with one of the new JLT intakes.

Sorry to jack the thread OP. You still intend to try e85? Once it's put together, its well worth it.

Richie

Yes op sorry about thread high jack !! So RR pederson , I have mac long tubes + 2.5 magnaflows and made 670whp running out of fuel and bumpy A/F ..I'm also thinking about those new jlt intakes, I have a RAI with a 12" filter ..would really like 690ish on the 2.2 ....what fuel set up you have ? And what was your pump duty cycle ? PS : kinda late but just pm me your inputs ..so we don't keep highjacking the thread

Last edited:

cobra21987

Established Member
I wanna run e85 but i dont wanna mess with my lethal budget return system. Will it support 650whp anyone please lol?

swt99svt

Established Member
Are you positive? Some other people I talked to said that I would be enough. Anyone else?

well, seeing a 2.6 and e85 can be near 700rwhp....

SCT Performance - SCT Big Air BA-2600 Ford 90mm Mass Air Meter**Part Number: BA2600

ba2600 (same as 2400 less new housing) good up to 700rwhp

call me crazy but considering the 2600 and 3000 are the EXACT same price it would seem foolish to not go with the 3000. moreover, the 3000 is good for up to 825rwhp

maybe i'm foolish but i like to drag my investments out as far as i can. for reference, i purchased the 3000 for my ported eaton e85 build and bought the 3000. why? because i know i'm going to end up in a 2.3 or 2.9 and by that time i'll have maxed the 2600. but again, for the same money, why not go bigger when the performance aspect at our given power numbers is identical.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread