04 Cobra...how much nitrous can she handle?

corysmach1

Established Member
Holy shit for all you guys running 150-200 shots are you running progressive boxes? I used to run a 150 in my Mach but cant imagine that behind 16psi!!!!

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
So one of my buddies used to work for SVT/Rousch Racing and is getting me some free 60lb injectors :-D hopefully by friday so I can have them installed on sunday when everything else is gettin done.

Btw this is whats done engine wise...(verified)
Stg III Ported Supercharger, T/B, and Plenum (steg)
RR S/C Spacer
3.1upper, 4lb Lower, 3.2alternator pulleys
Billetflow idler pulleys
KB B-A-P
Full Bassani Exhaust
JLT/UPR Custom 12" Fender Intake
SCT 4 bank chip(gettin replaced...is this worth anything if I sell it?)
TR6 Plugs
Spec Stage III Clutch and Aluminum Flywheel
NX Wet Kit with bottle warmer, blow down tube, and front mounted purge kit (behind the cobra lol)

Sunday is a new chip (forgot the brand), MAI, and maybe 60lb injectors (im gettin them for free so why not)

Anyone wanna make any recommendations please let me know and dont hold back..I have thick skin.

FYI it spikes 17lbs and holds a steady 16lbs of boost.

Last edited:

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Yeah if they werent free I would just be going with what 96stanggt told me cause im a broke bastard. I still don't really know if im gonna have em put on just cause im close to tapped out on what I can spend lol.....damn hobbies.

googleman

Banned
dude i got an 04 and put a 3oo shot on there. don't be a wimpy pants now. when i hit it , I yell "SPARTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"!

xenodragon

Established Member
My friend is running a 150 wet shot, ported blower, tb/pl, 2.76 upper, 4lb lower, 60lb injectors, BAP, tuned for race gas.

He has been running it for 2 summers now making 700hp/800tq

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I have a upper pulley (2.9) and run 67n 39f jets w a fogger nozzle. It gives the car a good 2 stage power level. Other than that a boost a pump and the tr7ix plugs gapped at .028 w around 17/18 deg timing. A/f around 11.5 3k to 11.1 at 6k. I run it on good pump gas 93bp now for 2 yrs. stock injectors and maf.

W your setup close/check the spark gap up and run .052n 30f jets to start. Somewhere around there... that's approx 90 to 120hp depending on bottle pressure. I like 950# bottle pressure. You can feel that level fairly good and tires hold better. Your car has more boost so use the smaller jets imo and start off w some vp unlead race gas or similar.

Check to see if it has a window sw, I'd have that for sure w a stick car for safety. Make sure the n2o cuts off about 200 rpms at least before the ecu fuel cutoff or set the window top setting to around 6.2k. Low setting wouldn't go lower than 3.5k to start out. Imo also don't spray it in 5th (od) if 4th isn't good enough, just long enough to get the job done. 1/4mi, 45 to 130 etc.

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
lol...googleman...should be gooberman....if anyone else has some "real" input please feel free to share.

If your a broke bastard, I would spray a 50 shot max untill you can afford to replace broken shit.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
moment of reckoning happens tomorrow at 10am....wish me luck....hopefully she will break the 500 mark without the nitrous.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
So 96stang is the winner...the fuel pump was at 88% with the 75 shot :banana: Mustang dyno-internet bragging dynojet numbers equate to 570rwhp/699rwtq on the spray
516rwhp/555rwtq 93 pump gas a rock solid 16lbs of boost

not 96stanggt numbers but im happy with em :beer:

thanks everyone that contributed :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread