04 cobra heads on my 98 Cobra?!

spikyflame

Right Near The Beach
Established Member
I'm trynna figure this out. I want to get a set of 04 cobra heads(c heads) and port and polish then I want to add my 98 intake cams...are the gains worth it?? Should I. Consider putting int the 98 intake cams on the 04 heads?? What do u guys think/recommend?? What HP gains am looking at if I go with this set up?? (Also gonna port match a 01 cobra intake manifold to heads)

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
96-98 intake cams are more agressive then the rest of the Cobra/Mach cams iirc. The exhaust cams are the same on all of them. If you are going through the trouble of swapping heads and cams I would look at some stronger after market cams.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
96 intake cams and the 03/04 heads are a good match, we've gotten over 340rwhp and 330rwtq with this combo. Add a short runner and the hp will be even higher. 91 octane will limit your timing/power but that combo will still make a for a great low budget n/a setup.

spikyflame

Right Near The Beach
Established Member
96 intake cams and the 03/04 heads are a good match, we've gotten over 340rwhp and 330rwtq with this combo. Add a short runner and the hp will be even higher. 91 octane will limit your timing/power but that combo will still make a for a great low budget n/a setup.

NICE.... Is that on a 96-98 cobra?? Did u have the heads ported & polished?? What other mods did your have have that produced that power??:read:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
NICE.... Is that on a 96-98 cobra?? Did u have the heads ported & polished?? What other mods did your have have that produced that power??:read:

62k mile 98 Cobra with stock cams, 04 heads with a fresh valve job and milled .030" and a ported Mach one intake. Cams were installed at 108/114

spikyflame

Right Near The Beach
Established Member
62k mile 98 Cobra with stock cams, 04 heads with a fresh valve job and milled .030" and a ported Mach one intake. Cams were installed at 108/114

What did it run you $$$ wise to get the the heads & intake ported?? Sorry to sound like a noob, but what do u mean by "milled .030"??....thanks

mustanginky

Established Member
What did it run you $$$ wise to get the the heads & intake ported?? Sorry to sound like a noob, but what do u mean by "milled .030"??....thanks

milling is simply taking of .030" from the mounting surface of the cylinder heads. this is done pretty often to remove imperfections or to raise compression.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
WOW!! Great numbers...u got 380rwhp?! Is that with just the head swap or with bolt-ons? What cams did u go with?? Port & polish too?

stock heads, stock intake, Comp Cams 106400s, 3.27 gears, STD factored. his results aren't consistent with the mods and both the STD factoring and stock rear end gears combine to make the numbers high.

spikyflame

Right Near The Beach
Established Member
need to see some pics of your car to answer any more questions;-)

I will, I'm just in the middle of putting in some H&Rs/Bilstein suspension right now... will post some pics after I'm done with it today...

@ NASVT, send me an email with ur prices to port heads...with my 98cams, or if u have a set of 04 cobra heaads port and polished, how much?? I emaied u, but no responce [email protected]

goat-ee

Established Member
stock heads, stock intake, Comp Cams 106400s, 3.27 gears, STD factored. his results aren't consistent with the mods and both the STD factoring and stock rear end gears combine to make the numbers high.

I love Chris's car, but I really think the numbers are very ambitious. I mean even beside my own calculator in my head that says the numbers don't add up, the calculators say the same thing based off of trap speed. Horsepower Calculator from 1/4 mile ET and Trap Speed - DragTimes.com So don't get too excited when you see his numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread