04'/69' Mach 1 Hybrid

Yellow4.6

Established Member
Just a question.....Did you plan on painting or cleaning up and coating the frame of the dash behind the padding? I can see in the pics some surface rust. Just might be a good idea to clean that up and paint it so it dosent continue to rust.

You probally already thought of that be just thought i'd throw it in.

Sweet ass Resto Mod project man!

Last edited:

tms217

Established Member
sweet project... What are you using for the frame? Are you using the 69 frame and chassis? Or did you put the body on the 04 unibody? I would love to do something like this...

SNEEKYSNAKE

Mustang Crazy
Established Member
Yellow4.6 said:
Just a question.....Did you plan on painting or cleaning up and coating the frame of the dash behind the padding? I can see in the pics some surface rust. Just might be a good idea to clean that up and paint it so it dosent continue to rust.

You probally already thought of that be just thought i'd throw it in.

Sweet ass Resto Mod project man!

Ya, that is an old dash we used for a pattern, we saved the good one for the final install.

SNEEKYSNAKE

Mustang Crazy
Established Member
tms217 said:
sweet project... What are you using for the frame? Are you using the 69 frame and chassis? Or did you put the body on the 04 unibody? I would love to do something like this...

We just used the floor and firewall from the 04', so the seats and dash would bolt up. We made a frame that would bolt to the body so we could remove it to run brake lines, gas lines, and wires etc...

SNEEKYSNAKE

Mustang Crazy
Established Member
Here are a few stages of the hood. We were pretty limited with the height of the motor, because we wanted the car to sit really low, plus we had long tube headers, which limited us from dropping the motor, so we had to find a happy medium.

69010.jpg

hood003.jpg

69006.jpg

69020.jpg

69015.jpg

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
dude, the car just keeps getting better and better. keep the updates current, i'm so into your car.

Users who are viewing this thread