03 vert or new coupe?

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
I have a chance to get rid of my 03 vert and get a new coupe for pretty much exactly what I owe now. The vert is 03 black/machined with 22k miles. It's got magnaflow cb k&n fipk and a triax shifter. The coupe is new, most likely an 04.

The question: Would you trade your vert straight up, maybe 2k more for a new coupe?

Thanks all

:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I never like verts, but that is just me. I would definitely choose an '04 coupe over an '03 vert. It's a newer model to begin with, and some of the quirks found on the '03 should have been corrected on the '04. Not all, though. LOL!

71stang99

Established Member
a vert is the only way to go for me, it depends on what you want, if its strickly racing with the 1/4 mile or raod course then I could see the Coupe, I have had numerous mustangs through the years, eight to be exact and this is the second one thats been a vert so for me its the best way to go, its fast and you can drop the to and enjoy the night like nothing else could offer.

Jpjr

Established Member
The Verts are a lot more fun on the street. Check out what Cervini's kit for the Cobra vert and tell me they aren't 100x cooler.

If your all about racing, you wouldn't have gotten the Vert in the first place.

astippich

Established Member
In Detroit? Coupe for sure. I live across the lake from ya and I bought coupe cuz you only get a select few days a year where the vert makes sense.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Jpjr
The Verts are a lot more fun on the street. Check out what Cervini's kit for the Cobra vert and tell me they aren't 100x cooler.

If your all about racing, you wouldn't have gotten the Vert in the first place.
Huh? So you think the majority of coupe owners are all about racing? :shrug:

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
Yeah Detroit roads are like off road 4x4 test tracks, so the stiffer chassis would be a plus. We really do only get a few days a year with perfect weather, but they almost make it worth it. I'm trying to sell the car to a friend, but nothing for sure. The dealer hasn't appraised it yet this year. Last year they were talking about 29-30k. I'm sure it will be considerably less now.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
we have both a cobra coupe 04 and a gt vert 03. the main thing i see different is the solid feel of the coupe. the vert is great in good weather. i think its just a trade off

f2fast4u

Established Member
No way I'd trade my convertible for a coupe. Hell, even my 'vette buddies wish they had my car on the weekends.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Yeah, the coupe is lighter, stiffer and can be made ultimately quciker and handle better. BUT, if you love the blower whine, exhaust sounds and the raw feeling of the speed, nothing beets a 4 wheel motorcycle!!!

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Convertibles are not the smartest thing to go fast in at all. That thing takes a roll of any kind and you can kiss this world goodbye....I'll pass on the verts.

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
I realize that my chances of surviving a serious accident are about as good as surviving a round with an electric chair, but it is great to cruise top down on the e-way and stomp everything in my path. Unfortunately I just got home from the dealer and am really leaning towards a yellow 04 coupe. It's just so hard to say no to a brand new cobra for little more than I am paying now. It feels nice to have a chassis under your car too. I'm pretty sure the vert is just body and wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread