03 turbo build almost done....

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
well it's only been a couple months since the part purchasing began and it's about 95% done. it's a gt4202 with a tial exhaust housing, 50mm bov, 44mm w/g and is 100% a custom kit. Just waiting on the coolant reservoir to be fab'd up and install all of the fore goodies and it may live here shortly.
DSCN1649.jpg

DSCN1645.jpg

DSCN1702.jpg

DSCN1705.jpg

TRBO VNM

pretty cool man. BTW, you know you could have used a 90 degree coupler off the compressor side of the turbo instead of welding to it. not sure if that will void the warranty or anything, but just for future reference.

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
it's a treadstone intercooler with a ton of room left behind the opening in the bumper, yeah my guy doing the kit (mike@tci) i guess he didn't want it rubbing in that hole with a coupler and possibly coming off.....it works so we'll see how it turns out.

Mike@TCI

Established Member
Here are a couple photos of the cooler in mention... Treadstone TRV25 cooler with a modified endtank ( 90* elbow, on pass side outlet). I've used these before with great results.

tony-05.jpg

tony-06.jpg

tony-07.jpg

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
reservoir is powder coated and it should be running tomorrow, probably some of the best work i've seen from a custom kit yet!

Jonny00GT

Established Member
Hey, what size reducer is that on your TB? Did you run 3" to 4.5" reducer? I'm thinking of doing something similar.

Looks sweet!

Users who are viewing this thread