03 Terminator Staggered 18"-19" wheels

SVTCobraman

Established Member
Hey guys, I have a set of 18" black FR500 wheels on my 10th Anniversary Termi, Im looking to pick up a set of True forged Mach 5 wheels and I need some advise... In the front 18" wheels fill the wheel well really nice but in the back 18" seems a little to small..and it looks like I can run a 19"... Just wondering if anyone on this forum has ever staggered 18" in front and 19" in back? and if you have or ever seen anyone that has please shoot me some pics..

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
I never liked when guys did this IMO, mine actually look bigger in back 18s all around. You just have to have the right wheel with tire with the right stance.

LS1toSVT

Established Member
Its all personal pref. I've seen it and I think it looks sweet. I'm kicking around going 18 front and 16x11 rear for traction purposes. If you're going for looks why not go 18-20? Not sure what width or tire you could run on that 20 in the wheel well.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
No experience running 18s front, 19s rear.....but I have briefly run my CCW 18x9.5 fronts on the rear, with my 17x9 factory rim on the front. I had the CCW 18x11 rears off the car to polish.

Let me tell you...the car drove and handled absolutely horrible. It was flat out dangerous at highway speed and attempting a lane change. I do not recommend staggering at all unless the suspension is designed to handle that. My corvettes have all run stagger sizing, but obviously setup that way straight out of the factory. Not sure the terminator had that in mind at all from what I experienced lol. Be careful!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No experience running 18s front, 19s rear.....but I have briefly run my CCW 18x9.5 fronts on the rear, with my 17x9 factory rim on the front. I had the CCW 18x11 rears off the car to polish.

Let me tell you...the car drove and handled absolutely horrible. It was flat out dangerous at highway speed and attempting a lane change. I do not recommend staggering at all unless the suspension is designed to handle that. My corvettes have all run stagger sizing, but obviously setup that way straight out of the factory. Not sure the terminator had that in mind at all from what I experienced lol. Be careful!

This! There are cars that come from the factory with a staggered setup. And obviously it works because the suspension was engineered/designed for the staggered setup. Do the same thing with a regular setup and you might have issues. Personally, I wouldn't do it. There are a lot of nice looking setups represented here by Terminator owners. As someone already mentioned, it's all about the wheel choice/width/offset, tire and stance. You really don't need a staggered setup.

SpectorV

Established Member
you cant rotate so there is no negative in doing it, you can click for pics in my sig and see my mach 5's 18x9 front and 18x10's rear, I dont personally like the 19's without the assembly bolts, but with assembly bolts the 19s look fine (18s with assembly bolts make the rim look a bit to small for me)

go to trueforged's site and you can see pics as well, Steve can probably point you to some in the setup you want.

Keep in mind lowering the car changes the way it looks as well. I like the side wall height of the 18" tire vs a smaller sidewall that would be ran on a 19 so thats another reason I like 18s out back

SVTCobraman

Established Member
Thanks for the input.... Im Have H&R race springs all the way around now... Im running 18" FR500 fronts with a 275/35/18 togo r888 and a rear 305/30/18 in the back... I also think that if you run a chrome or polished rim it has the apperance that the rim is bigger than if you have a black with a polished lip... Thanks

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Some people have actually made 19s look good on terminators, they have to be the right wheel though.

I'd stick with 18s though, they are the perfect size for new edge cars.

Users who are viewing this thread