03 tank with no tune?

r1wheelie

Established Member
Hey guys I am gonna install a 03 tank and was wondering if I can put it on there and still be able to drive the car with no other modifications? It has the duel pumps in it.

01yellercobra

Established Member
It'll run fine. The computer will learn what voltages the pumps need. The table in the tune is just for when the computer is reset.

r1wheelie

Established Member
It'll run fine. The computer will learn what voltages the pumps need. The table in the tune is just for when the computer is reset.
That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. Basically it will just run the pumps at a lower voltage to get the same amount of fuel right?

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
I suspect he is in the process or planning to add HP.
In that case, it's a pretty smart move.
Build it to handle HP ahead of time so it don't break.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
on my '99 i put in the 03 tank with dual GT pumps and it did not run, i had to have my tune changed to those pumps. just so that's known. i guess the computer can't learn from a stock single to dual gt's...interesting how it can on the 03/04 pumps though.

01yellercobra

Established Member
on my '99 i put in the 03 tank with dual GT pumps and it did not run, i had to have my tune changed to those pumps. just so that's known. i guess the computer can't learn from a stock single to dual gt's...interesting how it can on the 03/04 pumps though.

That's really weird. I haven't heard of that problem before. Would it just not start?

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
hmmm this is interesting. I have an 03 tank and pumps in storage, been there for a while waiting for me to up the power on my car, i was gonna go forged a while back but couldnt go through with taking out a perfectley good stock motor.
So are you guys saying that I can swap tanks on my car and it'll run fine even though its tuned with the stock tank and a bap for my kenne bell 1.7??? Feedback appreciated.

01yellercobra

Established Member
hmmm this is interesting. I have an 03 tank and pumps in storage, been there for a while waiting for me to up the power on my car, i was gonna go forged a while back but couldnt go through with taking out a perfectley good stock motor.
So are you guys saying that I can swap tanks on my car and it'll run fine even though its tuned with the stock tank and a bap for my kenne bell 1.7??? Feedback appreciated.

Yes.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
That's really weird. I haven't heard of that problem before. Would it just not start?
no, i mean it started. at idle it sounded cammed cause it kept idleing up and down. i actually drove it through town too. it bucked like crazy if you tried to accelerate any faster than a honda civic though lol

01yellercobra

Established Member
no, i mean it started. at idle it sounded cammed cause it kept idleing up and down. i actually drove it through town too. it bucked like crazy if you tried to accelerate any faster than a honda civic though lol

This is good to know. I'll be ordering GT pumps tomorrow. I'll make sure to get the right voltage tables for them.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Just let your tuner know you are running them and they can load it into the handheld prior to you instlaling them. The you can instlal them and load the tune and at least get the car to run.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
This is good to know. I'll be ordering GT pumps tomorrow. I'll make sure to get the right voltage tables for them.
good deal :beer:

Just let your tuner know you are running them and they can load it into the handheld prior to you instlaling them. The you can instlal them and load the tune and at least get the car to run.
yup this is all that needs to be done. i just did it a little out of order ;-)

01yellercobra

Established Member
good deal :beer:

yup this is all that needs to be done. i just did it a little out of order ;-)

As long as it all works out in the end. This is why I'm glad I have the software to do my own tuning. I would have hated all the times I would have been back to a tuner with everything I keep changing.

Users who are viewing this thread