03 Redfire Coupe, 28k Miles

ilsensine

Established Member
As usual the people who are selling cars think they are asking too little and the people who are buying them think they are asking too much. Nothing new.

23k may be borderline, but I definitely couldn't call it a lowball. Especially when he was making an offer on a car that didn't have an asking price!

If you want to avoid that, then put a price and slap FIRM on it. In the absence of that, 23k perfectly reasonable to me and it's not hard to find examples--I've seen several at 23-24k go 7 days on Ebay without getting a bid.

03atc

Established Member
ilsensine said:
As usual the people who are selling cars think they are asking too little and the people who are buying them think they are asking too much. Nothing new.

23k may be borderline, but I definitely couldn't call it a lowball. Especially when he was making an offer on a car that didn't have an asking price!

If you want to avoid that, then put a price and slap FIRM on it. In the absence of that, 23k perfectly reasonable to me and it's not hard to find examples--I've seen several at 23-24k go 7 days on Ebay without getting a bid.
I didn't have an asking price but I did say "reasonable offers". Just because someone doesn't have an asking price doesn't mean you can try to rape them on the price. But I guess that's my fault, I should have known not to post something for sale on a forum without a set price because this happens everytime. So that's my bad. I'm going to keep the car, times may be a little tight for a while but I'm not giving my car away. So this thread can be deleted. Thanks for everyones opinions :thumbsup:

ilsensine

Established Member
You asked for reasonable offers, and you got one. (Probably multiple ones in PM too.) Now if those offers weren't enough for you, you make a counter offer, or don't sell.

Forum seems to be working as intended...

McConaughey

Established Member
For all of you people selling cars and accusing people of low balling... just look at ebay. Ebay shows you exactly what people with cash are willing to pay. Usually the highest bid for a 30k mile car modded or not is $21,500 or so (with the exception of HIGHLY modified cars).
Theres a reason the people that are asking $28,000 for their cars still have them for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread