03 Redfire Coupe, 28k Miles

03atc

Established Member
As the title says, 03 redfire coupe with 28k miles. 4 new sumitomo tires, car is in mint condition.
MODS: LFP cold air and power pipe. Bassani high flow x and catback, 6lb lower, mgw shifter, panhandle performance did all the work and a good dyno tune for it. Mods have less than 500 miles on them. Car isn't driven very much and have only been on about a month and I have all the receipts to back that up. Also Limo tint all the way around

PARTS: I have a few parts not on the car but could probably go with it. LFP h/e and i/c reservoir and ported blower. I was going to install these parts later this month.

I'm stationed here in Panama City Florida in the Air Force. Wanting to sell the car because my Air Force pay won't hold up to me, the cobra, wife in college so sadly it looks like the car needs to go.
I'm not certain what the car is worth but I'll entertain any reasonable offers. Thanks :)

BO TY KLR

Established Member
Not really a lowball at all. There's a redfire coupe with 15K,sitting on a car lot here local for 23,500 and it isn't moving. I'm thinking the wifey needs one also.

Last edited:

LiquidStang

Established Member
BO TY KLR said:
Not really a lowball at all. There's a redfire coupe with 15K,sitting on a car lot here local for 23,500 and it isn't moving. I'm thinking the wifey needs one also.

I have to agree. Why do people still think these cars are worth a mint? Especially when almost 30K on them.

Hopeful

Established Member
In excellent condition KBB prices the car at $24,250
In good condition, $22,925

I wouldn't say he's lowballing.

03atc

Established Member
BO TY KLR said:
Ok you take that car for 23,500 and then buy and install the same parts I have on my car and then see where your at. You'll be between 25-27k at least. :beer:

Hopeful

Established Member
03atc said:
Ok you take that car for 23,500 and then buy and install the same parts I have on my car and then see where your at. You'll be between 25-27k at least. :beer:

Again not saying 23k is what you should sell it for, but if you didn't already know this, you'll be disappointed to know that minor modifications don't add any value towards the sale of a car. Once you start putting in whipple/eaton with components, then you get more money. But for those basic parts, along with 28k miles you shouldn't expect more than $24-25,000 for it.

DomesticAbuse

Established Member
Hopeful said:
In excellent condition KBB prices the car at $24,250
In good condition, $22,925

I wouldn't say he's lowballing.

that's suggested retail price, not ( price you have to sell you car at) KBB isn't always the best price to sell it at these cars are worth more then that everyone on this site thinks people sell these for to much i wouldn't sell it here i'd go somewhere else where people won't lowball me.

BOOSTI

Highly Modified
Established Member
02MineralGrayGt said:
why in the hell would you lowball him that much?? damn some people

Thats not a low ball...that is what true market value on the car is....it's only worth what someone is willing to pay

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
BOOSTI said:
Thats not a low ball...that is what true market value on the car is....it's only worth what someone is willing to pay

You're exactly right... What someone is willing to pay. I have almost 40k on my car and if someone offered me 23k for it, I'd laugh in their face. You buy a normal DSG, add the mods I've done and you're well over 30K right off the bat. However you never get your money back on modifications, there is a premium someone will pay to have mods already done to the car if it was done right... Its all relative.

You'd be able to get 24k atleast for your car "atc". The right buyer will come along, and if it has been meticulously maintained it should sell pretty easily. My STRONG suggestion is, not to post your sale on this site. Its full of lowballers looking for a deal. Its what people do... Case and point, you have not had one seriously interested buyer post anything up yet.

www.cars.com or www.autotrader.com would be a good place to start in order to maximize your price and interest.

FYI, one just sold here in Texas for a little over 30k... Take it for what its worth...

03atc

Established Member
DKS2814V said:
You're exactly right... What someone is willing to pay. I have almost 40k on my car and if someone offered me 23k for it, I'd laugh in their face. You buy a normal DSG, add the mods I've done and you're well over 30K right off the bat. However you never get your money back on modifications, there is a premium someone will pay to have mods already done to the car if it was done right... Its all relative.

You'd be able to get 24k atleast for your car "atc". The right buyer will come along, and if it has been meticulously maintained it should sell pretty easily. My STRONG suggestion is, not to post your sale on this site. Its full of lowballers looking for a deal. Its what people do... Case and point, you have not had one seriously interested buyer post anything up yet.

www.cars.com or www.autotrader.com would be a good place to start in order to maximize your price and interest.

FYI, one just sold here in Texas for a little over 30k... Take it for what its worth...
I noticed the low balling on here some but had no idea how bad it was but I figured it was worth a shot. I should probably keep the car if possible because it's obvious that people want something for nothing and I'm not going to give my car away. I guess anyone would love to buy a modded 03 cobra in perfect condition for around 23k, I know I would. lol Thanks guys :beer:

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
i've been looking and on autotrader by me, there is an '03 with 77+ miles going for 23999. so you can easily get higher, but you have to at least know what you want for it, give us a starting point. my friend bought an '03 with CB, X-pipe, intake, and shifter with 3000 miles for 26500 over a year ago from a guy on this site, now thats giving your car away.

i would love to buy a cobra like yours for 23k :)

Also, can the public drive by your base or w/e because i think i drove past it if you can. i go down there all the time with my family and my grandpa owns a condo down there, i love it in panama city.

Last edited:

03atc

Established Member
DOHC 04SVT-Yes I drive it everyday but that's only about 8 miles to work. I think I have seen you around. Are you one of the Friday night Starbucks guys? I heard a lot of guys gather there every Friday night.

Yes you can drive by the base. Highway 98 goes right through the middle of it. I'm an air traffic controller here. Our cars are fast but the F22 Raptor is friggin awesome. :)

Users who are viewing this thread