03 Ported Cobra Vs. 2002 Annv. Camaro ss Tuned, Cammed CTV-S, Tuned 2012 5.0

wreckit

Established Member
Out in Mexico last night and did a few roll runs with the cobra and new mods!!

New mods include: Stage 8 steggy port(TB and Plenum), 60lbs injectors, SCT MAF, Bassani catted X-pipe, Houston Performance Tune, 2.90 pulley.
Made 500hp initial dyno run but the belt kept slipping (waiting for Aux idler to arrive as we speak). Sitting around 488hp at the moment.

1st run - Ran against a 35th anniversary Camaro ss, tuned, full exhaust system and intake. We did a 40 roll in 2nd.... Lets just say the cobra wasn't holding back this run. This Camaro has beatin me a few times when I was bone stock with just a catback and intake. So needless to say I was in it for the kill. On the hit, the cobra pulled like a bat outta hell. Got him by a few car lengths.

2nd run - 2012 5.0 - Had a full exhaust setup, custom tune and intake. We did a 40 roll in 2nd. On the hit, cobra started pullin on him as well. by the time 3rd gear was about to make its shine for glory, the 5.0 was at the back of the bumper. mid way through 3rd gear, it was a done deal!

3rd run - CTS-V - Cammed out, Full exhaust, intake, and tune. Not sure on the year exactly but know it is fairly new, maybe 2012 plus?? Any how, did a 40 roll in 2nd. Got him off the hit and pulled him the whole way through. Actually did a full run on this one. Didn't smoke him too bad, maybe 2 car lengths...

Just wanted to share the new found victory of a few mods done to the cobra!!

Joewee500

Established Member
So you pulled a cammed ctsv faster than and exhaust and tune 5.0? That's the way I'm reading it. If that's the case somethings up with the V.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Good kills....

But you should have decimated that Camaro. Im also guessing the CTSV was the LS2 model and not the 09+supercharged model.

ramstein

Established Member
Must have been LS2 V, a 500rwhp cobra will have its hands full with just a pullied one.

Users who are viewing this thread