03 order pulled and confirmed

eddy z

Established Member
ok sports fans, just got a call from my dealership, and he advised my 03 vert has been confirmed and pulled for production... I am #96 ..... He was unable to confirm a production date but felt confident mid June delivery vs mid july as orginally planned.. Color of my vert is M. Grey, cancelled chrome rim option... orginally ordered my car on 2/9/02.

Now here is an FYI, he also mentioned 2 days after I ordered my car back in Feb, another person ordered an 03.... The thing is that dudes order has not been confirmed nor issued a vin #.... as I type... I got lucky on the order deal i must say...

ready to run... trade in my 98 vert and step up to an 03 factory blown car witha full warranty, and cheaper than a Rousch, Steeda, and Saleen... Great cars but out of my budget....

fangstang

Established Member
I was told that the colors are done one at a time. It seems that M. Grey is being done first. I hope silver wont be too far behind M. Grey!;-)

eddy z

Established Member
that was what my dealership was saying.. They weren't sure but they thought each color was ran at one time.. They thought M.Grey was the first color, after that they had no clue.. Can't wait....

Yellow Horse

Established Member
eddyz, is that number a dealer order number or the SVT serial number. If it is no. 96 your car will be built in about three days. My VIN number ends in 166 and it is scheduled for the week of 5/6. I think there is a slight chance you and I will see our cars this month. I dug up my SVT certificate on the 01 I just sold and it was dated 4/11 and I picked it up at the dealer on 5/5. Not sure what day they got it in. Does anyone know when they put the build date on the car? Wondering if it is when it rolls off the line or maybe is staged in a holding area before getting the date officially.

fangstang, my coupe is silver so maybe you are in there next to me. There is a dude on this board that is right ahead of me and is 165 and his Cobra is silver.

Just sold!

Weasel

Established Member
My '03 si a silver coupe and the date I got from my salesman is May 20.

gcawad

Established Member
I don't know about the colors being done all at once, I have a Mineral Grey on order with a build date of 5/20 and the VIN ends in 7XX

eddy z

Established Member
Yellow Horse--yep I was given my Vin muber and the last 3 numbers are 096!!!!! When do you think you will get your car then??? You are right, I will be getting my car around the same time you would be.. Wow...Closer than orgianlly advised... Not July.. Perfect..

Yellow Horse

Established Member
eddyz, I just called my dealership and my salesman was out. I talked to the finacial manager and he said it takes anywhere from get this, 4 days to 4 weeks after the car is built. The determining factor is scheduling delivery. I think we will see them within 4 weeks for sure. I bet some start popping up week after next :D .

Weasel

Established Member
Yellow Horse
That was a May 20th build date. I didn't ask for the VIN #. I'll get it from him next week when he give me the official price which he said they will get May 7th.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
YEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAA:D :thumbsup: Just got a call Vin ends in 1087 Mineral Grey Vert. No build date yet but that will come in a couple of days. Made my week.

Rob03

Established Member
I don't think the colors are being done one at a time. I have seen others with Torch Red having a 5/6 build date. Even though it sort of makes sense to do a color at a time, I don't think this is the way they would do it. It actually seems that building them for general locations would be cheaper. That way you don't wind up renting a truck or rail car for just a couple of cars at a time...Just a thought, no real knowledge of whether this is the way they do it...

Cheers,
Robert

eddy z

Established Member
correct, the cars are being built by order production number pulled vs color.... I got that confirmed today with SVT hotline...

Yellow Horse, if within 4 weeks of delivery, 4 weeks worst case , will have it right beofre or after mem. hoilday weekend. AWESOME!!!!

KingCobra01

Established Member
:coolman: FYI...I work for Ford at the Michigan Truck Plant. We do not build more than 15 or 20 vehicles of the same color in a row. Just why they dont I cant say,but I doubt that things are done any different at Dearborn Assembly.

NXCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by KingCobra01
:coolman: FYI...I work for Ford at the Michigan Truck Plant. We do not build more than 15 or 20 vehicles of the same color in a row. Just why they dont I cant say,but I doubt that things are done any different at Dearborn Assembly.

We here at Woodhaven Stamping seem to enjoy shutting your plant down. The production cant seem to get any overtime, and our stock levels are null, and our roof has more holes than swiss cheese. I dont know how any of the parts we send arrive without rust on them. Oh, and quality, we work on a quantity scale, not quality, the other night our supervisor was removing reject tags and shipping the parts.

:nono:

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
:cuss: WWWWWWWWWWWWWHYYYY are you guys so lucky. I think the blk/blk coupes are getting shafted. :mj: its ok.. i'll be alright. But damn if i get stuck with a june build date i'll just die. I ordered mine around mid-late feburary. Is it possible that i might get a call soon?

VTTRAPN03

Established Member
Mineral03

Hey Mineral 03,

I got the #76 Mineral grey Cobra. But, I hadn't heard on build date. Isn't it funny how I order mine on April 11th. and got #76. I can't wait! When do you think we'll get them? I'm in Chicago.

mineral03

Established Member
Im in california, so mine will probably be a few weeks more than yours. I hopeing for an early -mid june delivery. Im still workin my a** off on two jobs, tryin to save up my down, so it wont bother me too much if its a little late:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread