Established Member
Originally posted by Ripper
I'd go for an EVO vIII ! ?
:dw: did you :read: the post on racing that chit

you gotta be kidding:D :D :D :D :D :D

right?

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
hey about the mach 1 i heard that the shaker hood is basicly there for looks cuz it dosent even shake and when it dose " shake " it dosent shake it just tilts to the right a little, but thats what ive herd.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Tony_Montana87
hey about the mach 1 i heard that the shaker hood is basicly there for looks cuz it dosent even shake and when it dose " shake " it dosent shake it just tilts to the right a little, but thats what ive herd.

It hardly shakes on my R/T. The Scoop can only vibrate as much as the engine its attached too (thats all it is, the scoop sits on top of the engine, and when you first start the vehicle the engine shakes, well since the scoops connected to the engine it shakes along with it, hence the name "Shaker"

A Shaker really isnt made to just sit there and vibrate anyway. Its a form of ram air. So its functional in the sence that its sucking in air (which is its primary purpose)

Last edited:

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Originally posted by Tony_Montana87

Whenever you give the engine some gas, the engine moves because of the torque. Thus, the shaker hood moves also. Trust me, I have driven quite a few 03 mach 1's and the hood scoop does noticably move. Go test drive one to see what I mean.

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
o ya forgot to post something. ok i was watching this video and i saw a lightning on a dyno and when he let off the gass the truck droped well like went down some, i think that the engine was so powerfull that it lifed the truck and it then droped, i dont know if i said it right u might be confused, but for those of that know what i mean is this torque or hp?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Take some physics classes, they will explain all this to you.

The engine in the mach moves because of the rotational mass of the crank, pistons, rods, ect. As you rev the engine up all these things effectivly get heavier. Try tieing a 1 pound weight on a string. Spin is slowly at first then spin it quicker. THe faster you spin it the heavier it feels. Since the engine mounts are rubber they allow movement. So if the engine is being reved it will lay over to the side that the crank is rotating towards.

The L lifting is due to weight transfer. Since it is accelerating it is effectivly transfering weight to the rear. This causes the rear to squat and the front to lift. Same the happens, only backwards, when braking hard.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobrablack
:lol: so true with this guy.

lol

Naw Tony, im just giving ya a hard time. I used to have to ask questions like you (and I still do alot of the time) Not as many, but everyone has to start figuring this stuff out somewhere.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I plan on learning a lot over Christmas break. I'm going to buy a mod motor, take it apart, do a p+p, and put it back together all in the name of education. If anyone has one to get rid of cheap I'll take it.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by sid297
I plan on learning a lot over Christmas break. I'm going to buy a mod motor, take it apart, do a p+p, and put it back together all in the name of education. If anyone has one to get rid of cheap I'll take it.

Well get an 03 Cobra motor... 12 to 15 grand I beleive... Slap it in that ranger and make yourself a Thunderbolt :rolling: :coolman:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It won't fit. Too bad cause that would be fun. I'm looking to spend about $250-350 on it. So you know about what I'm expecting, not much. I just want one to play with. Any mod motor will do. I'm going to check the local bone yard. They have some old cabs and police cruises with 4.6s.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by sid297
It won't fit. Too bad cause that would be fun. I'm looking to spend about $250-350 on it. So you know about what I'm expecting, not much. I just want one to play with. Any mod motor will do. I'm going to check the local bone yard. They have some old cabs and police cruises with 4.6s.

Well whatever you get your hands on, be sure to post about it. I'm kind of curious to here how it works out for ya.

Users who are viewing this thread