03 mystichrome cobra vs. h/c/i ls1

QuikGT

Banned
So imm headed towards granbury on 377 when im almost thru benbrook i see an 03-04 Cobra beating up on what looked like an 02 SS w maybe exhaust.....so as a fellow ls1er i decided to see how i would fare....from the redlight leaving benbrook up to 100mph i put about 4 cars on him and kept pullin....we did this about 3 times with the same result everytime...his only obvious mods were exhaust....so i guess if thats all he had i shoulda put the hurtin on him anyways.... :beer: :beer:

QuikGT

Banned
oh ..cool didnt know that.....yea that was the best race ive had besides at the track this summer....where are all the fast cars at???

Last edited:

ZnusNV

Established Member
Good run!

Off topic--I never understood why Ford won't drop that color scheme.

They had mystichrome in the 94-99s right?

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
:bs: Cobras cant be beaten by LS1s :poke:

:thumbsup:

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
ZnusNV said:
Good run!

and i dont understand why nissian made a 350z if they made a faster 300z w/ a turbo :rollseyes .
congrats you beat a fairly stock 03/04 cobra, now try a ported upper/lower combo one :coolman:

GreyAsp

Established Member
ZnusNV said:
Good run!

They made Mystic (slightly different than Mystichrome) in '96 only and MC in '04.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
ZnusNV said:
Good run!

They had a different variation on the 96 cobra. ford sells the color so no need to drop it.

QuikGT

Banned
Mr. Freeze said:
and i dont understand why nissian made a 350z if they made a faster 300z w/ a turbo :rollseyes .
congrats you beat a fairly stock 03/04 cobra, now try a ported upper/lower combo one :coolman:

i would love to race one with a combo like that but i never see anything around here....

i havent raced 1/4mile yet but i expect high 10s @125ish mph.....1/8 mile times are pretty solid at: 7.1X @100-101mph on street tires...

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
wow very impressive times/numbers with that combo.. any weight reduction?

good kill. a nice pullied cobra would put up a nice fight.. but its gonna take a small pulley and probly a port to take you on if you trap 125ish.

01Saleen

O-town Leen
Established Member
The 2004 SVT Mustang Cobra Mystichrome features an advanced formula of color-shifting paint, first offered in 1996 on the SVT Mustang Cobra with Mystic paint. The original formula changed from black to purple to root-beer brown.

For 2004 - The DuPont chemists blended that with traditional black and green pigments for visual balance and deep, rich colors. As a finishing touch, they added a pinch of aluminum flakes to enhance bright, metallic sparkle. The resulting color shift is described by the DuPont chemists as, “a bright, metallic topaz that transitions to cobalt blue, then to royal purple, and finally into a deep onyx black.”
Availability:
For the 2004 model year, only 1,000 SVT Mustang Cobra models, in either coupe or convertible body styles, will be offered with the Mystichrome Appearance Package. The package also includes chrome wheels as standard equipment.
***Yes, BASF made the first one

Last edited:

QuikGT

Banned
Orr89rocz said:
wow very impressive times/numbers with that combo.. any weight reduction?

good kill. a nice pullied cobra would put up a nice fight.. but its gonna take a small pulley and probly a port to take you on if you trap 125ish.

times quoted are full weight and shitty street tires....so with a lil weight reduction, new shocks, and some tires it should be mid 10s....i think it will take more than a port and pulley to trap that high and put up numbers like that...those cobras are heavy!!!

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
times quoted are full weight and shitty street tires....so with a lil weight reduction, new shocks, and some tires it should be mid 10s....i think it will take more than a port and pulley to trap that high and put up numbers like that...those cobras are heavy!!!

well there are a few steig ported and pullied cars making 500rwhp and some abit more.. that should run well with our 450rwhp car. cobras are only 3650lbs... 500rwhp and tons of low end torque will move that car well. most 450rwhp cobras trap near 120.. so i think 500rwhp-530rwhp will trap near 125-127. its been proven that 500-550rwhp is needed to hang with the new Z06 that traps 125.

Users who are viewing this thread