03 Mach vs. 01 SS

corysmach1

Established Member
Yeah he probably would have done a lot better froma dig. I have yet to lose to an LS-1 I know my time is coming when I run into a cammed one...........then I guess I will just have to spray and hope for the best. Nice kill though man. You do have some good numbers and yes you should be in the mid 12's easy with ET streets high 11's low 12's for sure.

RunninRed

I'm Your Huckleberry
Established Member
spyder1337 said:
Nice kill man. Your car is making some nice power N/A.

Thanks...from what I hear there is supposed to be some good racing down that way...mainly PCB. Any truth to that?

Venom_Cobra

Venom_Cobra
Established Member
I have beaten my friends SS a few times but I have lost a few too b/c i didn't have the gears doun. I think i have them doun now and I am ready to race.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
RunninRed said:
Thanks...from what I hear there is supposed to be some good racing down that way...mainly PCB. Any truth to that?

We have alot of low 11 high 10 sec street cars in this area. My buddy has a mid 600 rwhp white 98 cobra vert running around on bogarts all around. www.gulfcoastmuscle.org from bama to panama city its abunch of fast cars.

black96snake

Established Member
Sorry Greg gonna have to call :bs: on this one.

You know your pos mach can't take an LS1 SS.

J/K haha.

I bet you would have had him by more from a dig. Your car pulls way hard!

BTW the PCB car show and dyno day are the same weekend,.....what do you want to do? I'm torn.

01_SuperSlow

Established Member
RunninRed said:
I'm on my way home last night and a black SS pulls up along side of me and starts revving. We both start revving and jumping but we were in town so we didnt go. He motions for me to pull over. I do and turns out I kinda know the guy. I say kinda b/c I just know him in passing, at car hangs outs and what not. We discuss mods, (he has a drop in filter and catback only.) We agree to run on a secluded back road we both know, so we head out there and get to it.

We agree to go from a 25 roll. 3rd honk and I immediately pull 1 1/2 cars on him, then we stay pretty much even till 120 and we shut it down. We pull over and he says he started out in the wrong gear (2nd). So we go again, 25 roll, he starts in 1st, I'm still starting in 2nd. 3rd honk and we are pretty even till 60 and I put 1/2 a car on him, at 90 I have a full car & 1/2. we shut it down again around 110. When we pull over this time he says, "I bumped the rev-limiter in 2nd gear, if I wouldnt have done that I would have had you" :rolleyes:

Now I will admit he ran alot better starting out in 1st gear, but I dont know if I buy the rev-limiter deal. Maybe he did, who knows, I know those LS1's are fast, and I was glad to run like I did with one. I know ya'll are gonna ask about my mods...w/o getting too specific and making a long list.....4:30's, full exhaust, SCT dyno tuned, and suspension. :thumbsup:

What a tool!
He should've just admitted defeat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread