03 Mach vs. 01 SS

RunninRed

I'm Your Huckleberry
Established Member
I'm on my way home last night and a black SS pulls up along side of me and starts revving. We both start revving and jumping but we were in town so we didnt go. He motions for me to pull over. I do and turns out I kinda know the guy. I say kinda b/c I just know him in passing, at car hangs outs and what not. We discuss mods, (he has a drop in filter and catback only.) We agree to run on a secluded back road we both know, so we head out there and get to it.

We agree to go from a 25 roll. 3rd honk and I immediately pull 1 1/2 cars on him, then we stay pretty much even till 120 and we shut it down. We pull over and he says he started out in the wrong gear (2nd). So we go again, 25 roll, he starts in 1st, I'm still starting in 2nd. 3rd honk and we are pretty even till 60 and I put 1/2 a car on him, at 90 I have a full car & 1/2. we shut it down again around 110. When we pull over this time he says, "I bumped the rev-limiter in 2nd gear, if I wouldnt have done that I would have had you" :rolleyes:

Now I will admit he ran alot better starting out in 1st gear, but I dont know if I buy the rev-limiter deal. Maybe he did, who knows, I know those LS1's are fast, and I was glad to run like I did with one. I know ya'll are gonna ask about my mods...w/o getting too specific and making a long list.....4:30's, full exhaust, SCT dyno tuned, and suspension. :thumbsup:

M-pony

Established Member
I ran a Z28 from 60-110 mph, he was stock I have K&N fipk and SLP exhaust. He was an automatic I have a 5 speed. The first run I immediatly put 2 1/2 lengths on him, second run I was in forth gear and wasnt ready for the honks and He pulled about half a fender I down shifted into 3rd, I reeled him in and to my surprise started to pass him but we were coming up on some other cars and slowed down. It was his first time trying to run it so maybe alot of it was driver error.

03CrazyHorse

Just a GT with stickers..
Established Member
DAMN! nice run man, way to represent our Machs out there.

the only of 8 cyliner cars i have had the chance to run is a GT, and a Auto C5. I would love to see how i could do against a SS or Z28.

once again Nice Kill!

MACH1PB

Established Member
nice. I like them SS, ran two of them and won both. Good thing they werent cammed!
These races with LS1's can go either way anytime.

RunninRed

I'm Your Huckleberry
Established Member
my tuner said with cams I would be pushing around 350 rwhp. Cam kit was $1,500 though. I decided to go with nitrous instead. (I didnt spray the SS last night)

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
318 hp. / 337 Tq.

How did you get that? I only have 300/326, and that is through 3.73's which have less loss than 4.30's. Thats pretty impressive. :D

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Three days after I had my supercharger installed I had a very nice looking 02 SS try me on my way home. Can I only tell you how many car lengths I put on him by the time I hit 4th gear. He had no Idea. :burnout:

04supercharged

Established Member
In my brothers car I ran a Basic Bolt-on SS..My bro had at that time Cai, bbk off road x-pipe and pro 5.0 we raced from a 30 roll and I manged to pull 1 car and a half at 120... w. those mods my brother ran 13.3-4

stangfreak

Established Member
excellent run man. the machs are pretty strong cars. id do cams and nitrous. that would be a great combo. heads? i think the 4v heads flow prety darn well. no need to port them

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Good Run Man.. Good Kill.. Those SS are Fast Man.. So good job on the run..And those are nice numbers on the Dyno.. Do you have Long Tubes..?

Machinator

Banned
My mach is running like crap, that is way off subject but I have tuning problems and am really depressed so thought I would let the whole world know.

wma8706

Established Member
What mods did the SS have? The SS had to have been modded to keep up your 318 rwhp with 4.30 gears.

wma8706

Established Member
thought the Mach should've done better considering his modds compared to the SS. Machs with 4:30's, full exhaust, dyno tuned, and suspension...315+rwhp and rwtq should be running mid 12's.

Users who are viewing this thread