03 Mach 1 Posi Race ported eaton build. Pics inside with a little contest

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Will have some tear down pics this week. Can anyone tell me how many gallons of coolant I need for the coolant system? How much do I need for the intercooler system? I dont remember as its been acouple years. Im gonna run 60% distilled water and 40% coolant in both the engine and supercharger.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
551 since no one else has taken that. It's just a shame that you are limiting the build with 91.

I want to see what the pump gas numbers will be. Dont worry, Ill be doing e85 full time when its no longer a daily driver. Ill post up some e85 dyno numbers when that happens.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Well, some bad news....... Got the motor pulled, but look at these throttle body pics. Tons of oil in the throttle body and plenum........

I dont get it. The motor wasnt smoking at all and it was running fine. The shortblock had a stout rotating assembly with brand new rings, bearings, pistons and rods about 25k miles ago. It wasnt even driven hard or flogged and had just a stock eaton with a 3.1 pulley at high altitude. I wasnt even in the boost that much at all. Thats alot of blow-by. Pulling the plugs this week and pulling it apart.

This kind of pisses me off. I didnt plan on tearing down the shortblock because I thought it was good. What do you guys think?

I almost want to just scrap the whole thing and sell the new heads, the complete eaton swap with the ported blower, all the parts and sell the car as a rolling chassis. It would break my heart to do that tho, because of where im at in this build and I do love the car, but damn this sux........

Thoughts?

IMG955540_zpsb29504eb.gif

IMG959995_zpsa0a16fa6.gif

IMG_3387_zpscf849bf2.gif

Last edited:

crazycarlo

Established Member
If you still have the PCV valve and the system hooked up thats most likely what it is. Esp if you wernt running any oil seperators.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
If you still have the PCV valve and the system hooked up thats most likely what it is. Esp if you wernt running any oil seperators.

I have an SHM oil seperator on the pass side, but the pcv valve is still connected to the back of the blower on the driver side. I was hoping thats what it was but there was a TON of oil in there. Could it have accumulated over the past two+ years?

Normally, that much oil would find its way thru the intake and blower into the combustion chamber but the exhaust never smoked at all. Ill see what the plugs look like.

I did find out some good news. My buddy has a set of brand new in box 4v clevite bearings that he would just give me to use if I do have to pull the shortblock apart. I could then just get a set total seal gapless rings and reuse the crank, rods and pistons and just re-ring it and redo the bearings. Wont be too expensive that way. I have too much blood, sweat and tears into this thing to just part it out and sell it.

Whats the best way to deal with the driverside pcv valve? The SHM oil collector I have on the pass side head has worked beautifully. No oil is getting thru it at all. Should I throw an air breather on it and cap off the line going to the blower? Or should I put another SHM Oil collector on that side? I know the crank case still needs to vent so I dont want to screw with that, but i dont want freakin oil spewing out everywhere either.

Users who are viewing this thread