'03 hellion cobra

jdr46

I was at HPP last Sat. and thay had an '03 cobra on the dyno. It had a Hellion T-76 in it. The set up looked real clean, tight fit though. Thay told me the '03 had no mods just a turbo. It made 624 hp and 630 tq. @ 21#s of boost. I dont know I thought it would have made more but 600 is 600. To me it seamed to take longer to rev out. Maybe I'm just used to my car. He needs to get a set of 4.10a or 4.30s.

StreetProvenTQ

Established Member
Yeah real low considering Nate the mach up car for the Hellion kits on 03/04 Cobra's made 848 rwhp on the 76mm on a stock motor, no head work, cams or headers. Maybe he will chime in. (HellionCobra)

WDW MKR

Established Member
StreetProvenTQ said:
Yeah real low considering Nate the mach up car for the Hellion kits on 03/04 Cobra's made 848 rwhp on the 76mm on a stock motor, no head work, cams or headers. Maybe he will chime in. (HellionCobra)

What was the boost, timing, and fuel?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I think you guys are overlooking the "otherwise stock" of the car as claimed.

Boost is just a measure of backpressure in the intake system. If the car is still running factory exhaust etc it's possible that 21psi may only be moving the amount of air that a KB or Whipple at 15psi would move.

Put and exhaust on that car and you'd likely see a healthy increase in power along with a reduction in boost pressure. Then turn the wick back up to 21 psi...see what happens.

jdr46

Thay found a leak some where and was loseing boost. The wastegate was also giveing them hell aswell. I called HPP to find out what the car finlly made and it ended up running something like 710 hp ( on race fuel} and I didn't get the tq numbers.

WDW MKR

Established Member
That's why I said "something doesn't seem right." Looks like they got her lined out! What were the numbers on pump fuel?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
ok Mike, see how I said "or something"? means I wasn't sure of the exact number. :poke:

I know, but it's just funny to read it afterwards since the answer to the or something part is right under what you had just typed :-D

Users who are viewing this thread